1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

uncontested block is wrong

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Sweatypie, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I know it might be impossible, but if you look at this character, it has 70% uncontested block which is the hard cap.

In reality though the brawler in question only has 26.2% uncontested block. I checked on dragons armory too and it also shows the wrong value.

Is it impossible to get correct numbers out of game?

2. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

I'm not sure. It might be the reverse. Before PoP came out, they warned that tooltips were wrong in game. And that they'd fix it when the expansion came out. I didn't see a lot of talk about it after PoP came out though. I'm not sure I could point to an announcement where they said that tooltips are correct now, or should be.

3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

EQ2U takes stats.defense.block and divides it by 10. Troglodytarum's stats.defense.block value is 700, so EQ2U displays 70%.

Dragon's Armory does the same.

I don't see a value anywhere in the data we're provided that looks like 26.2%.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

While in game and in defensive stance uncontested block is stated as being 26.2% but I have no idea why and where the number came from.

5. Caam

Caam Member

I do not believe that the uncontested block is part of the returned data. There are 2 block values that are in the character data. One is the block value in defense. The other is blockchance in combat. The first one appears to represent avoidance block percentage. If you hover over the avoidance label in the standard game UI, you will see a tooltip that shows 7 different values, 3 base and 4 uncontested. The block value appears to be the value for that display. The parry number in that section is the parry percentage xx.x like block. The uncontested values appear to be calculated from those values.

I believe that the uncontested values are calculated based on the class. Brawlers have a different formula than warriors and crusaders. I remember seeing a formula posted long ago but I have no idea if that formula is useful today. For brawlers, what I remember was that for uncontested block there was a "diminishing returns" formula for block-chance over 70% and it capped out around 140% block-chance.

I don't know if any of that has changed for level 110, but my monk runs with so much block that I would have to remove a lot of gear to get back to a relatively normal number to see where the cap was today. I could poke around and see if I can find something somewhere. But for now, I'd say that those numbers are unreliable.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

I'm also not sure what factors go into this.

This is what wiki has to say in the Cap article:
    Block (Non-Brawlers): A Block is based on the player's shield. The higher the protection rating, the higher chance to block. All block that is used by a non-Brawler class is uncontested, meaning it is a straight percentage chance to avoid an incoming attack.

Block (Brawlers): Brawlers have two types of Block. Contested block which is based on their Deflection Skill and level difference and Uncontested Block which is based off of their "Minimum Deflection Chance."

So it looks like the class matters at least for brawler/nonbrawler.

There's an archived thread here about minimum deflection chance (long): Minimum Deflection Chance vs. Shield Protection Value | EverQuest 2 Forums

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Block is not uncontested for brawlers, with the exception of minimum block chance.

Uncontested block for brawlers is calculated with the following formula:

Block= Minimum block chance * (1+block chance)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018