1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

TURBINE SPINS LOTRO AND DDO TEAMS OUT TO NEW STUDIO, USING DAYBREAK AS PUBLISHER

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Albion, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Albion

Albion New Member

2. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

*sigh*

ddo was fun.

what's happening with AC/AC2?

3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I bet the original plan was for Daybreak to buy LOTRO & DDO from Turbine and then do these:
    • Distribute
    • Market
    • Support
    • Run Community Forums
    Someone must have tipped off Turbine that SOE/Daybreak struggle at doing those things, especially outside the USA, so they formed this offshoot studio instead. Smart move.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Noo, my first ever MMO is getting shutdown!

5. Moose

Moose Guest

I'll miss AC it was my first MMO.

Maybe we can play DDO and LotR with all access?!?

Time to see where things go from here....

6. Democyde

Democyde New Member

I never played AC or AC2 but it's always sad when a MMO community is shuttered.

I enjoy LOTRO, but I never make time to play it anymore. Hopefully this will ensure a long and happy existence for DDO and LOTRO.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

AC2 had a great PvP community, as well as a great set of raids/dungeons that took advantage of all player's skills.

additionally, had some fun mechanics, like a guy who builds turrets for area denial, or a bard that does different attacks based on what real instrument they use. could actually jam out with music too online, which was an odd little aspect to a dungeon based game.

8. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I know this thread is 1 year old but I can say LOTRO is still going strong. I've been back in it lately and it's very active. Sure people gripe about some things as is normal but the general community is thriving and there are a lot of low level players as well as maxed out players. I know the IP has a lot to do with that, but also their support seems far better than EQ2 from my own personal experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1