1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Things Are Tight on the EQ Side Too

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

• Informative Informative x 11
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Thank you for posting that, Feldon.

It makes me sad to read it.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

Indeed. No matter how far gone my mind might be in the later years I will have fond memories of EQ1 and the start of my ranger/archer ways.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Geez. Spent some time poking around the FoH forums. The MMO scene is kinda crap these days, ain't it?

Sad thing is there are lots that have good parts in the dross. But there's no way to just put it all in a blender and get "the ultimate MMO" because everybody wants something else.

I may be a fanboy, but once you get past the utter clownshow that is Bethesda in December 2018, Fallout 76 has real promise. But, as I said, clownshow. Which is sad, I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit.

5. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Daaaaaamn, when I worked on EQ2 I almost had my posting privileges revoked for making a joke about buffing Coercers, Dzarn must be in serious DGAF mode if he's making posts like that. Good for him for recognizing this **** isn't worth damaging your personal relationships over.

Not that the MMO scene is in amazing shape these days, but a lot of the FoH people think MMOs died after old school EQ1 so I wouldn't gauge the landscape based on them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I played on Veeshan when EQ launched. I haven't thought about FoH in ages. The few times I interacted with them they were always cool to me which was apparently counter to the rumor mill.

I feel bad for some of the people still stuck at the company. I know it's callous, but every day that goes by I feel a little less bad for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

That was a sad but inspiring dev post.

He is 100% in the right for adjusting his priorities.

It's revealing to get a glimpse of just how strapped for operating capital the franchises are.

Edit:
    Removed an unpleasant comment about a member of the eq2 staff.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

It is a shame indeed, but I am also sort of relieved that it's not just us that recognise the decline, and that we're not in our own little bubble.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

The whales, bubbles and DBG want us to think we are imagining things and just bitter, but we have always known better. The closer you get to the truth, the more push back you get.

• Agree Agree x 8
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yep, that's exactly how it used to go round our table too :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. omuteef

omuteef Member

For someone to post that on a live forum makes me think hes at the end of hes rope and i would be very scarred that he may also may be looking at hes end at DB for that as well. As heart felt and truthful as it was no company wants there employee to air out there dirty laundry in public forums. I hope im wrong but chances are they will now be looking for a way to get rid of him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  13. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

My cousin (whom I caretake for) worked for an automotive parts company that shipped to Ford, Chrysler, Nissan etc. Made rack and pinion and tie rods parts for them. He was NEVER known for ANY quality control issues and worked many hours (but lots of weekends and overtime makes you unhealthy in many ways). But the main reason they got rid of him was because he always asked embaressing questions at the plant meetings that management didn't want to answer, and he loved to point out how they were become a "Dilbert" company, as "Dilbert" had a cartoon strip about their paperwork forms were locked up that they needed to use and had to get a security guard to unlock the supply cabinet... and that happened at his factory. Making copies of that strip, he posted them in public sight to all the workers amusement... but not management. So they eventually fired him. Less than 3 years later, the factory was shut down... but he knew it was coming anyways.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Shocked Shocked x 2
  14. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Cutting salaries doesn't help with any employee morale and I assume office morale is at an all time low. Certainly a very passionate for the game employee.

In the broader IT industry there will be a job for him, it will pay ok but have much better hours etc, it just won't be in gaming.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. omuteef

omuteef Member

From what i remembered reading the salaries where not cut but the end of year bonus that was affected, but i could be wrong. the point is and the major fact the bonus as he said in years previous they where doubled from this year. This means either DB found a way to reduce hes bonus or the profits where no where near what they where in the past. I myself get a bonus at years end and i also understand its based on performance and gross profit at years end. I am not in any way backing DB but a bonus is a bonus plain and simple and should never be calculated in what you think your earnings should be at years end.
    At the end of the day you need to ask yourself this....is what im getting paid worth the time and effort i need to keep me there doing it.

16. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

It seems that Dzarn's post on FoH has been deleted... wonder why? *puts on my tinfoil hat to protect my thoughts and suspicions*

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  17. omuteef

omuteef Member

IT was only a matter of time for when it would be taken down as it wasn't all rainbows and sunshine for the company and shows what type of shenanigans is going down at DB. I truly liked the passion that dev wrote with and how truly sorry he was for not giving the players what they wanted for the new expansion. Posts like that show the humanity of a person behind a desk and what they do on a daily biases and how they feel.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Very surprised your post on the OF hasn't been vaporized yet.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Holiday weekend? They obviously can't fix the problems that have been ongoing this weekend, I'm guessing they are busier congratulating themselves on not being laid off, and drinking till they can't stand.
    Moderation will come back Wednesday.

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Well, lots of read it if few have commented. Afraid to comment or also labeled a troublemaker. *shrugs*

• Agree Agree x 1