1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

They Break Winter Extravaganza?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Liv, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Its winter time here in the US, so he likely has his head where it is for the warmth!

• Funny Funny x 6
  2. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the 'austin game' was some sort of asset flip as well. Likely not DC related but wouldn't be surprised if it was something using the same tech with eyes on a console release since it was being done in the DCUO studio. Since arena is basically just PS2 + modes and new faction/paint job it had less overall work to be done than a 'new IP'. everquests are too old and H1Z1 proved pretty quickly 'spin offs' wont do well after 'just survive'

This is pretty much it outside those mobile games they were talking about a while ago. I don't think long time SOE players realize how well it will have to do since they were used to years of the company running while hemorrhaging money. If Arena doesn't dwarf the collective amount of players of the other games its purely short term gains at best until the next wave of lay offs and cancellations. Considering people noticed long standing PS2 bugs also exist in the arena trailer I'm not terribly optimistic.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I've been of the opinion for a while that if they lost the license to DC they'd be pretty screwed, but I wonder what they're doing to try and keep it long term.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Zorvan

Zorvan Member

I just got banned for asking Mepps to state for the record that Eq2 would not be placed into maintenance mode at anytime in 2019 and would have full on continued development, including an expansion, at least through 2019. A simple enough request I thought, since he's actively promoting not only buying the lifetime but encouraging people to buy the year special AND the lifetime ( like $500 together ), he should be fairly confident in saying these things will happen. He deleted my comment, I reposted it, he deleted it and banned me. So, expect to see a whole bunch of pissed off "lifetimers" in the coming months, apparently. Of course, I also threw in that the only proof of the "lifetime" sales being "limited" was DBG saying so.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 2
  5. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

No comment, just delete and ban? That's not so good.

• Agree Agree x 8
  6. Zorvan

Zorvan Member

Not even a single, snarky peep. As for reason of ban:

You have been banned for the following reason: Exceeded the number of acceptable forum guideline violations. If you wish to appeal this ban, please contact a member of the Daybreak Games Community team. Your ban will be lifted on Dec 28, 2018.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Fun catch there, you can't contact the 'Community Team' if you are banned... So you have to roll another sock-puppet account to protest!

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I thought about them banning sock-puppet accounts but then they would lose most of the their forum supporters!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The unmistakable smell of desperation is in the air.

I suspect much of it is coming from the loyalists.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

They used to ban sock puppets for the first few years of f2p. When SOE became DBG they decided paying people to deal with their customers was unacceptable so RadarX and probably others started instructing those who'd been banned or suspended to make a new account to discuss their situation.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Also, apparently, people need to stop telling the poor, beleaguered true fans how to play, what to like, or where to spend their money. Stop calling them stupid and trying to ruin their community.

or something.

Now go think about what they claim that you did!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

And here it is....The first Bubble Gnome to pivot off the "the forums are no indicator of the health of the game" argument to "you negative forum people are the problem".

Ref: Cyrrena

Daybreak Winter Extravaganza! December 18 - 31 | Page 7 | EverQuest 2 Forums

Funny, how these folks never seem to consider the cause and effect of poor product quality, competitive markets, corporate arrogance toward customers, and shady business practices as reasons why the game is failing.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 6
  13. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

It gets even better:

Factionless New Member

Folks over at EQ2Wire at very nasty.

https://forums.eq2wire.com/threads/they-break-winter-extravaganza.229648/page-5#post-2348100

-- -- -- -- --

Edit: Sock puppet, guaranteed. Too much of a coward to say it on their main account.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  14. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

It got deleted, along with my reply to it. All I said was "Don't go there, then. /shrug"

I was about to go back and edit to say that what happens on other sites has nothing to do with the OF....but the CM had dealt with it by then.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Heh. Appears this post by Cyrrena got deleted as well.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Mine hasn't yet, but I'm waiting for it....

17. Cyrrena

Cyrrena New Member

You know nothing about me so keep your nasty comments to yourself. I did not buy anything from any of their holiday or winter sales. But it is not my place or yours to tell others how to spend their money. Again if you hate the game so much stay the hell off their forums. I do know quite a few character names of people on here acting so superior because of their opinion on EQ2 yet I still see you log in almost daily.

I have already stated numerous times that I am not happy with the direction the game is going, but when I have had enough, I will log out and not log in again and I certainly will not haunt their forums, when its done, its done, and I will walk away, which is far more than any of those feeling so smug right now have done.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I never cease to be surprised by some of the things people do or the excuses they'll make to blame anyone or everyone else for the situation at hand. I should be used to it by now, but somehow they still get me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Zorvan

Zorvan Member

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the EQ2Wire forums, Cyrrena!

On these forums, any point you make, positive or negative, must be defended. Nobody here barks orders or tells people what to do. There is no team of moderators running around deleting criticism and threatening people for daring to repost quotes from Massively or tweets from Smedley.

The official forums remind me of a Trump rally, with security always standing ready to drag anyone off who disagrees. We don't do that here.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1