1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

The wool over the eyes is getting thinner.

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Zynt, May 13, 2020.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, I doubt anyone will care if you delete all the Benito-related threads. I know I won't.

Regarding the rest of it, I suspect it has more to do with the state of the game than anything else. As far as I can tell, most of the people posting here are still active with either eq or eq2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Instead of quoting I'll just say that I agree with everything said since my last post, especially what Fuli said. I also tend to post about him, even though I've suggested we quit giving him the attention, because I know he reads it and it eats him alive. But, yeah, it's probably a malignant exercise at this point. For the 2nd time, I'll say, "This is the last time I'm gonna mention him."

Feldon, I'd happily donate to anything you want to try and crowdsource, whenever you want to try and crowdsource it. I would love to see actual server subforums. I know I'm one of the few who still play EQ1 and at some point I'll take another break but I honestly don't see it happening any time soon. Even when I'm actually back "working" and traveling instead of "working" from home I will be on the road and staying in hotels nightly so I'll still be playing to some degree or another. All that being said, some EQ1 sections could be considered possibly.

I've thought about starting a EQ1/2 forum for server and classes, more so in regards to 1 than 2 for the latter. There's no reason for me to do that when the framework is already there.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Could always allow Benito back but only give him access to post in a specific place. Then disallow any mention or discussion of him or his antics anywhere outside of that place. It might be entertaining, but it also might help out the EQ and EQ2 forums a bit. Heck, it might even draw some traffic here from people who want to debate him without uneven moderation. Treat it like the original Zek server at launch. There are no rules, enter and die.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, Feldon is making a solid point: perhaps a Benito-free environment is a good selling point for pulling more traffic to Wire.

Dunno about the DPG issues though. People here are still going to vent about those.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

At least a few of us still play...

I put the person in question on ignore because he IS everywhere and I have a problem letting blatantly false information just stand.... but I know responding will serve no constructive purpose and just feed his... whatever. So, ignore is the only reasonable option for me, if I don't want to stop visiting the OF entirely.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 7
  6. Zeffran

Zeffran New Member

I play EQ2 but never really comment either here or the OF. There is very little to bitch about that hasn't already been bitched about becasue DB Games have done nothing to fix anything of import. (TS, lack of quests not overseers, very poor raids in the fact that they are still trying to release them and you never know what you'll get after a patch). That said I read both OF and here, as anything thats blocked or wrongly allowed over there isn't here and I appreciate that.

Don't censor but ignoring that 'troll' I find is best.

Anything you'd like to crowdsource in the future I'd be interested to hear about because you have a very good track record with EQ2U.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
  7. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I say nay. It would be killing him that we're talking about him but he can't respond. I find amusement in that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

A new MMO coming soon from the deranged mind that brought you EQ2Wire and co-created EQ2U...

oo'er!

• Shocked Shocked x 2
  9. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Oh God...an MMO created by us...that would be a glorious mess indeed...

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Shocked x 1
  10. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

On one hand I agree the less Benito the better. On the other though, he is kind of rampaging through the official forums right now so it's hard to avoid him. Until DW decides to action him I think we're more or less stuck with Benito even if he can't post here.

Honestly either way I'm just happy to see regulars on the OF starting to get annoyed with him. He can't hide behind the "secret shadow organization" nonsense with those people.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

You Vanguard wouldn't happen to have any ties with the old EQ1 Nameless guild Vanguard would it? I know it's not an unusual name per se but I figured I would ask. I used to raid with/chase open world raid targets against Vanguard in EQ1 when I joined a smaller guild called Sapientia after I left Legacy of Steel. Shots in the dark and whatnot.

12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, he is >atm< because he's in super douche mode. A bunch of us will vent and make fun of him, then we'll get bored of it and meander off to discuss or do other things - That's how it always is (same with Kander, or Longdale, or DPG, etc).

The problem here is no different than the OF: there is nothing interesting to discuss with respect to eq2.

The game is boring.

There is no content outside of broken, laggy raid environments. No interesting quest lines with puzzles to solve. Just one shitty rng outcome after another.

There is no interesting gear to chase. Just p2w spell upgrades and infusers to meet and exceed dps checks.

No cool crafting projects or strategies to discuss.

Nothing interesting relating to class discussions. Ascensions saw to that.

It's not so much that negativity is dominant here, it's that there is an absence of anything positive, fun, or mysterious to talk about.

Same thing is true for the OF.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Well said Fuli, you summed it up perfectly.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Zeffran

Zeffran New Member

No we aren't the EQ1 Vanguard from Nameless, we started in 2006 on Splitpaw when a few guild's imploded. If I recall (14 years is a long.... time) we voted on the name and I can't recall the options :)

• Informative Informative x 1