1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Strange ticking - Masks of the Marvelous (Heroic)

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Semperfidelis, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

I need a reality check. So this is the "alt friendly" expac, right? So how come strange ticking is doing 20 million damage every 4 seconds on the last boss in this zone? And that's to someone with better stats than my tank. When it hits me, it hits me for 48 or more than 50 million. Do they really think that a random tank has that much health plus extra to survive it, in a tier 1 heroic?

Actually I can't even confirm whether or not strange ticking is a panic script due to the tank losing aggro or not. With my gimp tank I can do the whole zone though, except the Collector. That would be fine, I mean, I've done zones for gear, skipping the last boss, a lot. Except for the mission. Not being able to complete the mission quest is the rub. Lots of drops are gated by that.

And as a gimp tank it's not likely I'll get to do other heroics to gear up, so I'm limited to MC and old zone questing for upgrades. The tome doesn't even drop unless KA is finished.

I can just go back to dps and not have the headache, but that seems like chickening out.

2. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Whoever told this expac was 'alt friendly' lied. that is all.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

In all honesty, to be really capable of doing PoP heroics in any decent fashion, you should have;

• KA Sig line + Orange Adorn
    • Epic 2.0
    • At least Rank 2 orange PG adorns (Or be willing to buy the crafted ones once then recipe for adornments sorts itself out)

I heavily suspect that the white adornment book will make things a lot easier for people. If it contains a way of turning powders into fragments, the Orange PG rank 5 adorns are easy to get. (Fly around PoM looking for an Essence of Magic). White adorns will replace PG ones.

Epic 2.0 isn't necessarily a requirement, but not having it is a major crutch to your character.

Tome while nice is not needed, my tank was running zones without it for first month of expac until I earnt enough of the +1 level books. If you have completed it on one toon and can get the Tears of Veeshan or w/e they are called, doing the repeatable in PoM for Yrzu to harvest 8 rocks, return to npc and repeat, nets 2.5mil xp for about 2 mins work. Repeat for levels 1-5 of Ascension, then use the +1 books.

The key thing though I found for heroics, is you NEED to have adequate potency. If you don't have 36k+ for T1 heroics, you do barely any damage. 41k for T2. 51k for T1 raids.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

First thing first... what KA Orange adorn? I hope you don't mean Celestial Gate, bc that's from the Epic 2. The other orange adorn is from the summer event and that boat sailed already. Am I missing an adorn somewhere?

Potency has not been an issue. The PG adorns with the 100% or more max health I still need. Potency now is around 48k and I just looted "for my tank" 4 upgrades. So she'll have 50k or more. She had more than 36k by the time she put on her "free gear" and a couple of upgrades.

She would have the tome if they hadn't made it so you can't get it unless you've done KA. She's working on her last grandmaster ascension class I think, or second to last. I got them all to 10, and then was disappointed the tome did not drop. I guess because it's a KA drop from achievement? Not sure but it's bogus.

Are you really ok with tier 1 heroics doing 45 million damage or so every 4 seconds to a tank who passes the resolve check for the zone? Her resolve at the time was 469, which is ~90 above the resolve check. Maybe MotM isn't tier 1?

And I'm still not sure if that's due to the loss of aggro or if it's a planned damage tick that's working as intended (but is nuts in my opinion).

I think the real problem is that people think that there is a "resolve check" and that's all. There are obviously requirements that are not clearly explained and it's not clear if the damage taken is due to a failure script or due to the mechanics of the fight.

I can't even find three people to agree on whether or not to dispel Energized. LOL

What that tells me is, uber tanks are tanking it and we're not learning anything about the script because the uber can ignore it.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  5. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

this is a partial copy paste from the forums, the Jan 4th notes are already out:

"Plane of Innovation: Masks of the Marvelous [Heroic]
    • Gearclaw should no longer gain quite as much additional damage when changing targets quickly.
    • Gearclaw should no longer gain additional damage from changing targets when powered down.
    Plane of Innovation: Gears in the Machine [Heroic]
    • The Manaetic Behemoth should no longer gain additional damage from changing targets when firing Manaetic missiles.

ACHIEVEMENTS

• The Ascended achievement no longer requires that you complete the Kunark Ascending signature quest line.
    "

*does a happy dance*

• Like Like x 1