1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Strange Patch Notes

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Dizzy, Feb 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Damaged increased from 2% to 11% across a large number of classes but not all classes on live ?

Not sure I understand from a mechanics point of view and I though they did all this under the covers a lot of the time anyway. Any insights ?

Update Notes: Thursday February 22, 2018 | EverQuest 2 Forums

Oops missed the one downgrade to Warlocks.

2. Ansom

Ansom Member

Is a "balance class" vienw from the dev blind eyes.. nothing strange, they already did something very similar other times (if i remember right, last spring/summer and for the new expa).

Some months ago they adding an other cake layer.. For change in % the damage (or heal) to every thing, in selective way (live, tle..).

Since they can't/wan't change the AA (they blame the tle.. but today AA are very different from the past AA..), or spell /ca structure, or even the tool-tip.. because most of them need a update, or even a purpose. Beside what, the way used by dev is just change the % value, with the result we see.

Personally I am curious to know how many warlocks have remained after the today nerf.

3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Can you balance all classes to comparable DPS? Absolutely!

You just have to forget about:
    • Utility
    • Group/Raid Role
    • Damage Types / Resists
    • Ascension
    • Sanity

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I guess it was the Sanity part I was wondering about :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Hey, at least they gave a new quest to level up season 3 familiars...
    It might take more than 10 years to do, if you do it daily, but it's an option over marketplace...
    That's a win, er, right?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

They added a new feature a while back that allows them to tweak abilities damage via a hidden fervor stat. They post the numbers just to stop speculation, but there is no easy way to confirm them.

While an 11% increase appears a lot, it is in fact an additional fervor added on after your current fervor, so while 11% sounds nice, it isn't really that much.

Overall it's kind of pointless, classes need to be reworked to a much larger level to ever create any form of balance again. This is just a bandaid cause all their time is probably now on Xpac 15.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

*sees xpac 15*

*shivers in fear*

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. IakeFD

IakeFD Member

They should change the numbering like they did for GUs, call the next one 25 or 50 or something.

9. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

I was going to ask if it was additive with existing fervor; that's a crappy way of trying to address balance if so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

noo... crappy ways of dealing with issues is not acceptable here at DBG.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  11. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Yep additive.

12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I suppose the next remedy will be some convoluted and hidden ability mod modifier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

People have been saying for years they had to scrap the stat system they currently use, but they either dont know how to do it or just dont have the ressources to do it. So they keep adding hidden stats that players have no chance of figuring out

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Stats system is never going to be overhauled now, my suspicion is only really Caith understands it to the level even required to start looking at it, and if they did, it'd take 6 months+.

Doing any work on it also deters from Expac 15, and that means less $$$. Better to throw more bandaids on top of it, sell it as a feature and plug it with next expac.

15. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

OR!

Tell the players you're going to do something they've been wanting for years, immediately change your mind - but don't inform them - then add one or more undocumented changes and let the players 'discover' them as part of the new 'content'!

Oh wait.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they went to this fervor mechanic because there are a million other band aids on base values buried in the code and nobody knows where to find them, and even if they did find them, how they work.

Solution: Jerry-rig the problem with fervor since Caith knows where this stuff is and how it works.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Mechanics an unfixable mess?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I am going to be amazed if they get anything other than lack luster sales for the next expansion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

I don't think having a class-based multiplier is necessarily a bad thing (in the realm of EQ2 band-aid fixes anyway), it's the part where it's additive with fervor that bugs me since that means its relative worth goes down as fervor increases (I know fervor is a capped stat... but this is EQ2, we know it's going to keep going up :p).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ansom

Ansom Member

I'm not sure.. I remember differently. The new layer will act like fervor, but will apply on the top of everything, and can be positive or negative. In theory is the final modifier before the number hit the target (mob or player). Is on top so the dev can quick change a spell if for some structure mistake can one shot mob, or become OP.

((((base value > pot / abi mod > cb ) > crit chance) > fervor )> final layer)

Was necessary in order to change value in specif zone (live or tle) without change the other zone.

But.. i don't play eq2 anymore, the first balance was hardly notable, i don't know the result from the other balance (new expa), i just hope is not like Errrorr has explained, even if he seldom makes mistakes on the structure of the game. :(