1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Sooo..... new cash grab...

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Khendrask, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

They put a "Level 100 TS booster" coin on the DBCashGrab store for 3500 DBCash Points. So, buy the expansion for 40, then another 35 to get to 100 TS... nice...

2. IakeFD

IakeFD Member

People have asked for it, not sure this one is worth berating them.

3. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Aye, but people have also been asking for the 100 Adv tokens, and that has been ignored.
    The 100TS level is needed for epic 2.0, so... cash grab. again, $35.00 cash grab.

4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

This barely bothers me. How long does it take to go 1-100 in crafting?

Ascension spells is a giant middle finger.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ansom

Ansom Member

Agreed, even without the veteran bonus, 0-100 now is very fast.. Once you create 5-7 alt at liv15/20 ts, for the apprentice daily.. the rest is a piece of cake.

6. IakeFD

IakeFD Member

Ah my bad, I lost track since I quit, I thought you could already purchase adventure lvl 100. I do agree that the $35 is hilarious, if nothing else haha.

7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Remember $350 guild halls?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Everquest 2.. putting the macro in mirco-transaction :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

The cheap one was 350$. There was also a 400$ one (the extra 50$ gave you a dragon npc that ONE guild member could claim ONE experience vial ONCE per week).

Skyshrine was incomplete - the buildings had no roofs on them because the zone they cleared apparently doesn't. Once folks 'built up' they could see the missing tops.

At least one of them if you placed the guild amenities, they shot up into the air out of range. And in both collision was turned off on the built in planters so items 'sank' to the default ground.

All of which would have been obvious to anyone on The Team had they just logged into one and tried to place an item.

Yes. Yes I do remember them. And I remember how much **** I took Over There when I called The Team on their shoddy work.

And here we are now, with the last two "expansions" and that shoddy work has become the accepted (and defended) norm.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

In light of the epic 2.0 the tradeskill boost probably looks bad, but it was something players had been requesting since the adventuring level boosts were added, and also something that some on the team wanted to add, while others didn't, thus putting the kibosh on it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  11. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

Meh.

It bother me more that a few years ago anyone who requested that was brutally trolled in the official forums. Not sure it's worth that price, but considering you don't have to kill Razorfang a zillion times to get your Transmuting up, and then grind or buy stuff to finish it... and then use the mats to make a lot of adorns you don't plan on using (and convert back and forth) to get your adroning up... and then run the harvest box out of metals a few times getting tinkering up.... and that hassle is taken out... idk. It's a bit late for me, I would've liked it back when I asked for it. And it would've been worth it back then. Being called lazy is just so ridiculous in a game as full of grinding as this.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Yes, there is a reason to berate them for it. If for no other reason, there is Roxxlyy's "Official" post on the "Official" forums:
    That was posted YESTERDAY, after the patch. Now, the TS bauble was, well, a bonus for the PoP expensive editions, so it is a pure and simple bald-faced LIE that they wouldn't be selling "Premium Items on the Marketplace because it wouldn't be fair"...

Riiiiigggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttt

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

I think they were talking about the bear mount and the cougar/lynx mount from SF. Also, nobody can get the Thrugadin home anymore, and I know that's a nice one that home decorators want. I'm personally a bit sad I'll never get a Lavastorm house. But realistically, I'd never have time to decorate that and all the others I have. It's still one of my favorites. the really old ones, if you want the toys that came in the box, you can probably still find it on Amazon. But I think they disabled a lot of old activation codes so now there's the quesiton of, can you even get the mount anymore? idk

I suspect the reason there isn't a level 100 boost (adventure) is because if there was, then all the other services like "witness protection pack" would become moot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I agree that this shouldn't bother me, but it produced an immediate eyeroll from me. Am I up in arms over it? No, I don't even play anymore, but this feels like it further marginalized TS as something insignificant. Was it hard to reach level 100? No, but there was some effort involved. Now for $35 there's an easy button. But I wasn't surprised to see it, especially since they have required TS skills to do adventure related things. I also am not bothered at all by anyone who wants to buy it. It's more just a general /sigh over how unimportant TS has become.

Edit: fixed typo

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I don't particularly see it as a bad thing, it allows people to get to 100 and do the TS line by spending some RL cash. If they don't want to, they can level up the other way with rush orders and take a few hours work.

The adorning/tinkering/transmuting aspect is just a bonus to it imo. There was nothing really hard or enjoyable about those, it was generally just sit crafting same thing over and over again.

What it doesn't do however, is grant all the useful TS items that many people have. Solstice Ear, Shawl, Hand of the Maker, Goblin Plant, Pony and all that snazzy stuff. Anybody who has been a long term TSer will still benefit from these items over others.

I fail to see why people get upset over it though, the Heroic adv tokens didn't suddenly make adventuring pointless. It just removed a few hours of monotonous grinding.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ansom

Ansom Member

exactly, one thing is to "force" people to spent money for spell update (pay to win), because is impossible or very very long obtain the same result with normal game time. An other thing is to add for 3500sc 1-100 ts. Like errorr said, is not even the longest or "boring" thing for complete a crafter, you need to do several timeline in order to obtain a decent ts set.

We can blame the dev and producer team for many many thing, but this one... is pretty much damage free. Is just the specular adv version, without the contraindications. Because if someone with already game experience use this feature.. is "ok", but if is someone new in the game to use it... will much probability quit the game in few day (direct experience, from my guild in eq2).

They don't ruin the game experience to anyone, because atm, even for new people, 0-100ts is rush order job, inside a guild hall.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

That's true, but then why are they refusing to go sell other "Premium" items, like the expansion houses, portal devices, even merchant crates. Roxxyll stated they would NEVER sell anything in a premium edition on the marketplace... at least until they do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ansom

Ansom Member

just change fox/box with Daybreak Games.

19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Meh, I don't see this as a cash grab.

Stuff like this doesn' bother me.

20. karimovic

karimovic New Member

Concurred, even without the veteran reward, 0-100 currently is quick.. When you make 5-7 alt at liv15/20 ts, for the disciple day by day.. the rest is easy
    Subway Surfers Psiphon Hill Climb Racing

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018