1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

So RadarX is gone?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Wurm, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Hope Tony is OK, I don't like the guy, but I wish him no ill will.

2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

That's an affirmative. His last day at Daybreak Games was Friday July 21st. After 8 years he was just ready to move on. Oddly, he and I had been talking quite regularly for the last 6 months or so.

• Like Like x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Well next time you talk with him, tell him I wish him the best in his future endeavors.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Widem

Widem New Member

I always felt bad for him having to manage all the complaints from this **** game.

5. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

The new person is making Radar look pretty good right about now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

No kidding. She is like a kid in a candy store or a bull in a china shop...not sure which one. That delete button must be worn out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Finora

Finora New Member

Oh and the official warnings are flying too. I got one for posting that a thread wasn't a repost, but an older one that had been heavily modded.

Apparently that sort of thing is no longer allowed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

Conversations that in any way, shape, or form might be seen as critical to Developers, Moderators, Corporate Entities or the Game itself are considered threats.

This is NOT a good sign by the way. It is a classic marker of a toxic relationship.

How to tell if you are in a toxic relationship

You're always walking on eggshells
    You feel a little queasy, or uneasy, around your partner
    You're always fighting
    Everything is so dramatic, all the time
    Your partner wants you all to himself
    You keep score
    Your partner stonewalls
    There’s a constant power tug-of-war game
    You feel like you 'didn't sign up for this'

Any of that sound familiar?

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I received one short vacation from RadarX because he said something ridiculous and I pointed out it was ridiculous; except for one thread that was deleted, I never had a post edited or removed.

Given what I've seen and heard from others, I'm kind of surprised I haven't gotten a warning from this new one, though I have had several posts removed from threads.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Inire

what's more effective? removing threads, or editing/removing posts in a thread.

I can tell you which one I would tell community to be doing if i was in charge and being the kind of jerk i usually am. I'd tell them to edit/kill posts, but let the threads stay. that way MOST other people who aren't directly in the conversation think "oh, folks have talked about this, it's in the past" and they recommend moving on or "it's a dead topic, beat dead horse" etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Personally I think that threads or posts should only be deleted for very specific (clear) reasons - and it's generally very obvious what those are. Blanket deletions with no explanation tends to foster mistrust.

What those reasons aren't (generally speaking): off topic, trolling, sniping back and forth. While annoying or distasteful, I don't think they require deletion.

I agree, if a thread goes pear-shaped, lock it - and note why it was locked. Then send out warnings or suspensions as needed.

edit: for clarity

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Inire

I'm sure that there are forces involved in the decisions around what to do when at DBG that we are not privy to, but it does not seem that there are any standardized manuals/playbooks around corporate community outreach. Each moderator seems to come with their own set of rules and policies that are only found out via the death of some parts of conversations.

A shame really. Would be nice to know what game you play prior to arriving on the field.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Feldon

The reason to post on the official forums is in the belief that this feedback is being read by Community, the game's Producer (currently Lauren), and the game's Developers. There's a further belief that the developers will take that feedback under advisement and make adjustments as necessary. Community will take the temperature* of the customers and report that information to producers and others within the company so that everyone knows what's going on and how things are being received.

It's clear that none of that is happening right now.

So sure I'd love to see everyone move here. The reasons for staying on the official forums seem to be evaporating rapidly. The benefit of posting here is that constructive conversations won't be torn apart post by post. Plus with custom avatars and the ability to edit posts indefinitely, it's possible to actually write and maintain Class Guides.

The irony is, if everyone quit posting on the official forums, I think the company would panic and suddenly pay attention to us. Right now, they're just taking us for granted.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

As always Feldon, you have your finger on the pulse of the issues at hand. That is why the EQ2 community needs you so much, maybe now more than ever. To bad you aren't in charge of managing EQ2, I wish you were.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Mandrollen

Mandrollen New Member

Hello Feldon and EQ2Wire community!

Just wanted to say thanks for all you've done for the EQ 2 players over the years. I've seen you in both games in the past. You're an old hand and well known and so glad you're keeping a safe haven for players to chat and find info on the game or it's direction.

With that said I think this site would be a shoo-in for a future EQ 2 EMU server with Feldon as it's director! : ) I wonder if the franchise owner (Deybroke it) will ever allow the code to be released ala Everquest?

16. Feldon

The code for EQ wasn't released. Diehard players spent thousands of hours recreating the game. Only after it had successfully launched and run for a few years did SOE announce that they wouldn't take legal action.

17. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think daybreak is TRYING to kill the official forums....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1