Smedley to run new online game project for Amazon

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Democyde, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Democyde

Democyde New Member

Amazon Game Studios gave John Smedley a new online game team to run

John Smedley, in a literal definition of failing upwards, has landed the plum job of running a new game development team for Amazon. It'll be interesting to see if the virtually unlimited resources of Amazon, coupled to The Smed's propensity for unlimited promises, can finally result in a project being released.

2. IakeFD

IakeFD New Member

Just wait until he starts a twitter spat with a squad of packet kids and drops Amazon during some shopping season. Jokes aside, Amazon doesn't care about monies, this could be pretty interesting.

3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

They just keep throwing him money.

4. Einelinea

Einelinea New Member

Hope he does better than his last endeavor -- Hero's Song -- it was live for about a month
    Hope McQuaid can get rid of his own "devil's" and get Pantheon going, we will see ...
    These two guys haven't had a whole lotta luck ...

5. IakeFD

IakeFD New Member

6. Democyde

Democyde New Member

I didn't know that. I just can't see a game like that making enough money to cover development costs.

7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

A GOOD 2D pixel art game could make a fortune.

8. Einelinea

Einelinea New Member

Hero's Song just wasn't my thing -- I had problems with corpse runs back in the day, but permanent death? (which is what I heard in the production stage of it, don't know if it made out to the final game or not) - no thank you lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ZUES

ZUES New Member

They must be looking for a tax write off if they hired John Smedley. He's the embodiment of failure. Don't expect anything great to come of this. If Amazon was smart they would have hired Scott Hartsman.

• Like Like x 2