1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Shadeweave Bud

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by John, Dec 19, 2016.

1. John

John Guest

How do you track the Shadeweave Buds? It says they are trackable...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Asmaral

Asmaral New Member

From Seasoned Harvesting on the TS Prestige AA tree.

upload_2016-12-19_16-32-30.png

Not that I've seen any on track in any Obulus instance so far.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Atheas

Atheas New Member

I have tracked them on several occasions, but you must be in the first instance of Obulus Frontier. Not OF 2 or OF3. It must be OF 1 because they do not spawn in any other instance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Raztor

Raztor New Member

I have been able to track shadow buds with harvest tracking, but only in OF1. You must be quick, there are many waiting for each spawn and there is only one harvest pull per node.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Yeah, they even disabled the bountiful/double harvests on them :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Caam

Caam Member

When did they disable bountiful? I hit one last week and got bountiful on it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Good to know that the reports I heard were wrong. I haven't been out with my buffed harvester in a while. I'm sticking with my goblin gardens, much less frustration.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Caela

Caela New Member

I think I've had incredible luck finding them in the wild. One day I found 4 in quick succession. I just keep the tracking up and when I see it pop up, drop everything and go run over to it. I've been getting a few a day that way, plus my goblin garden. But I've found they are disproportionate.

I've got two toons that can harvest from the garden and this is my haul over the last few days:

leathery shadeleaf
    luclinite 2
    shadebark 1
    shadeweave root 5
    shadow quartz 7
    shadowstone ore 4

• Like Like x 1
  9. Elyana

Elyana Member

The whole shadeweave bud thing is IMO designed frustration. As a carpenter the frustration is especially acute, because the rare useage far exceeds any other crafts need per person. An armorer makes one set of armor to be complete. A weaponsmith.. a couple weapons, tailor an outfit and your good to go... but carpenters.. aaah.. we have such need for wood (yes my precious we do!) especially if we are trying to build a themed house.

I have been told by others, that they did this to "limit how many rares enter the game". Ok, I can deal with that I guess, though my thought is that having your own personal plant kind of negates the limitation dependent on how many alts you are willing to grind through the quest to get them.

My biggest frustration though, is that the drop is random. In the past, we could harvest roots if we wanted a rare root, or lumber if we wanted wood. Now, its all luck determining what you get every 24 hours, or on the occasional plant you are lucky enough to encounter before someone else swoops in.

/sighs

In an ideal world I wish that they would revisit how this is implemented, but I do understand that time constraints make this highly unlikely. Perhaps another solution could be that the houseplant could be "fed" a common material to encourage it to produce a rare of that kind. So, feed it wood to get a wood rare, feed it roots to get a root rare, almost like its fertilizer. Anyways, trying to offer an idea that could be a way to maybe give us a little more control over the end results. I get that they wanted stuff rare.. but really, furniture doesn't hurt anyone, and shouldn't be punished this way!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Trifonic

Trifonic New Member

Come to isle of refuge, plenty of them up constantly. I've got nearly a 100 of each. Except the roots... those are actually terribly rare, and consumed for new poisons.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Elyana

Elyana Member

Trif I actually have a toon on IoR now, and she is working up her tradeskill level as we speak =p Carpenter.. of course!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Armageddoux

Armageddoux New Member

Why do you want to track shadeweave buds ?
    I get 9 rare each days from the plant I got at end of the TS timeline and put in my houses. I have 9 toons (1 for each work class), so that give me 270 rares each months : no use to track them in Obulus (By the way while tracking some shinies I had already got some rare, especially in Twark and often two at same moment)

Note : Previously it was a bit dangerous to refine the rares (less than 10% chance to get a purified rare in AoM), in Kunark Ascending it seems there is a 100% chance to get purified rares from a (normal) rare, this increase heavily the results of master craft

13. Elyana

Elyana Member

Confused why you are asking if I want to track these? We can track them. What I am asking for is more control over the yield. Also, while I am glad you personally have 9 plants due to your hard work, it is not really relevant to the suggestion I am making to tweak the plants. You still have to rely on RNG for your 270 a month rares.

Let me recap: As a carpenter I need wood. Simply put, I need a TON of wood to do a themed house in the Cae'dal style. I have gotten TONS of gems and metal and pelts, and very few of the precious wood. Others, who need metal end up with TONS of roots and wood.. and so on and so forth. If we could somehow "train" our plants to focus on a specific material.. it would be lovely!

In previous expansions we always could focus our rare hunting efforts by focusing on harvesting a specific plant style. This time, they chose to make it a "one plant drops all rares" kind of scenario, which is IMO more likely due to lack of manpower and time to implement multiple node types, than it is to a specific desire to mess with us.

Thus, I offer a coding suggestion to make it easier for us to get the rare we want for our crafter, and they have (hopefully) an easier time giving it to us =p Since we can feed other types of plants /critters to get shineys... I am suggesting they could reuse that code on our house plants with some tweaks.. to make the following happen: feed it a root get a rare root 24 hours later. Feed it a wood get a rare wood 24 hours later, feed it a pelt get a rare pelt 24 hours later.. see where I am going with this? Heck, I would even be amenable to them increasing the timer to 35ish hours if we get a specific rare, and keeping it 23 hours for a random result.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Armageddoux

Armageddoux New Member

[ This time, they chose to make it a "one plant drops all rares" kind of scenario]

Yep but I like this changement :) It's like opening Santa Claus gifts at the foot of the Christmas tree! You do not know what they contain: suprise !! :p