1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Recruiting Trolls inadvertantly...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Zeddicious, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Zeddicious

Zeddicious New Member

/rant on
    Maybe its just me - but have others noticed the influx of individuals claiming to have "just returned..etc" yadda yadda - who use up your harvest depots, empty your shiny boxes and wait for you to hand them gear before quitting the guild?
    I don't even bother trying to recruit anymore... so many trolls.
    The last one I had pass through waited until they finished up all the pre-reqs, KA timeline and our guild made his first set of Bloody Tooth armor / adorns to quit - blaming the guild for wasting his 15.00 by not grouping with them... I was speechless.

As much as I'd like to continue on with this game helping (theoretically) new people come into the fold, its beginning to really grind my gears every time I get abused in my posterior region forcefully.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. katz

katz New Member

It happened in my guild years ago so it isn't a new thing. You can have an entry level that is restricted in what they can get and watch them a while to see what kind of person they are. You can require them to contribute in some way so it isn't all give and no get. Most people who just want you to give will leave quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zeddicious

Zeddicious New Member

I hear ya katz... I feel sad that I need to look at someones /played or what type of gear they're wearing before inviting them in... I guess I'm just going full Nebbercracker in my old age.. :/
    We generally don't invite players who are lower than 95, but with the 100 boost and 95 heroic toons, its really a crapshoot as to who I'm letting into my kitchen.
    Either way.. I'll try and remain hopeful of the glory days where finding like minded people who just want to play and make things dead isn't an exercise in futility.

• Like Like x 1