1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ranger question

Discussion in 'Time-Locked Expansion & Event Servers' started by Julesholland, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Julesholland

Julesholland New Member

Ok been playing on the TLE for a bit and was wondering and as I cannot get a sensible answer from the official forum or from in game, I though I would ask you wise people!!!

For some ungodly reason I have rolled a ranger, obviously I use a bow as weapon of choice and I was wondering if there was any negative reason in using a shield as a secondary?

I know noob question... but its not a troub so I am confused... and as a ex troub I confuse easily

2. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

As a ranger, it makes 0 difference when your primary/secondary slots are. Go for whatever has the most stats.

If soloing a lot, a shield will make your defensiveness a bit better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

On Kaladim as a ranger you want to use either Shiny Brass Shield when you solo (especially if ur ping is high or you are new or have issues kiting) or Stein of Moggok in a group enviroment as a starting base.

When you get prismatic weapon it switches up a bit.

Starting out group: Screaming Mace + Stein of Moggok + MC crafted Bow
    Starting out solo: Screaming Mace + Shiny Brass Shield + MC crafted Bow
    With Prismatic+raid bow: Prismatic Swiftblade of the Scale + Screaming Mace + Valian Bow

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Julesholland

Julesholland New Member

Thank you, useful stuff :)

5. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

If you ever manage to kill Contested Vox the Enchanted Ice Round Shield is prob the best offhand you can get in shattered lands.

6. In one regard I respectfully disagree.
    Procs. Those matter. 1h weapon procs. Plus bow procs. Plus adorn /rune procs.
    And thats just on AE auto if your rgr is built right.
    Nevermind, cannot discuss Ranger class, and group/raid mechanics anymore....sigh.

Ack, algebraic formulas in trigonemetric arrays, calculaic formulas. Math is cool.

Rangers are good toons, if you learn the class. Error is a good mentor. So is Avalonthalas, Nikko, Regolas, and a few others if they are still out there. Especially learn how your class functions in a group. Very important for the right grp cfg there Mr. Troub. Still a Scout though. Basic Scout mechanics for ranged dps, ability based *unless they swapped it back to auto*.