1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Quests, Collections, and Recipe Data

Discussion in 'Census: EverQuest II' started by FeldonDataHelper, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  2. Kulavvy

Kulavvy Guest

First of all, I really like those changes. Thank you SOE!

What else I'd love to see:
    - WISH - some sort of collection hierarchy (or collection rewards list)
    - WISH - "charater's current status on completing shiny collections" , but on collection _item_ level. So you can make collection _items_ wishlist.

Btw, how can you make a query filtering on empty string? Like collections with category = "".
    The following doesnt work :(
    census.daybreakgames.com/xml/get/eq2/collection/?c:show=category,name&c:limit=50&category=

There are 4 collections with empty category:
    census.daybreakgames.com/xml/get/eq2/collection/?c:show=category,name&c:limit=10&c:sort=category

3. Feldon

Feldon Guest

Not sure what you mean by hierarchy, but we definitely need the rewards list. However rewards may be a mysterycrate which gives the player a choice of 1 item. We've never dealt with that type of data before.

When we get this data, it will be on the collection item level.

Wow I'm actually not sure how to test for an empty field.

4. Kulavvy

Kulavvy Guest

Collections sometimes combine in some sort of hierarchy.
    Example: collection X gives a reward, that is an item for collection Y. Than, reward from the collection Y is again a component for yet another collection (Z), and so on.
    That makes up a hierarchy of collections (in ToV: of about 50-60 collection, 4-5 levels deep), with a final collection (with superb reward) at the end.

5. Feldon

Feldon Guest

Ah. Well we'll need collection rewards for that. ;)

6. Feldon

Feldon Guest

Recipe data is now fully updated on Live.
    census.daybreakgames.com/xml/count/eq2/recipe/

<recipe_list count="23693"/>

We're working on Recipe Details and Recipe Search for EQ2U.
    If anyone has any questions on how to use this data, I'd be thrilled to help out!

7. Feldon

Feldon Guest

Asked again about Quests today. Soon I hope.

8. Quicktiger

Quicktiger Guest

Recipe data is a bit strange, in that name_lower is not actually lowercase :)

9. Feldon

Feldon Guest

Ah that's a definite bug. ;)

Since there was absolutely no way for us to add Recipes to EQ2U with live queries, we have a local DB copy of all the data which we periodically update. It also required a ton of hand-entered data which took far longer than I was ever anticipating. :eek: So we just do case insensitive searches against SQL data. It also allowed us to do partial word matching like "xeg dex bra" for xegonite dexterous bracers.

10. Alphonsus

Alphonsus Guest

I noticed Collections are still totaling 755. Any idea when they will add the new KoS collections to the list? Also I see some in that list that are not in game (I.E. Collection catagory "test").

11. Feldon

Feldon Guest

I looked at this morning as I expected it to be updated with the update on the 28th. Also Quests are still not exporting, so I will send an e-mail and hope for the best.

12. Feldon

Feldon Guest

So we may actually be getting Quests and Collections as the exporter has reportedly been fixed by Endymion.
    Also items which offer a quest when examined, or which are required by a quest, will have new fields to support that.

Now to get Loot Tables. ;)

13. Feldon

Feldon Guest

The number of Quests in Census went up from 6,106 to 9,016 today. Still shy of the ~11,500.

14. Quests are now exporting properly, and there are over 11,500 quests currently on census.daybreakgames.com. We have requested a few changes, namely the addition of starter_text and completion_text, which should go live next Tuesday.

We have also talked about Shiny (collection) exports and character progress on collections, but nothing to report yet.

15. Lera

Lera Guest

Can we get data on which quests scale to the player's level?

16. Feldon

Feldon Guest

I will ask.

17. Emem

Emem Guest

So how do we pull the entire questlist in EQ2 if we can only get 5000 items returned at a time

18. Feldon

Feldon Guest

19. Emem

Emem Guest

20. Lera

Lera Guest

Are we missing some stage text on the quests? I looked up, as an example, the Wailing Caves quest Double Cross & Revenge, and Zam has additional stage text that isn't in Census.

Here's what Zam has:

Ariana had sacrificed her freedom in exchange for the orcs not attacking her people's camp. The orcs have lied to her and now I must warn her husband of the planned attack, but first I must buy her people some time. I will slay the advisor Kre'lak; this should slow them down and give me enough time to warn Ariana's husband Orwen in the Commonlands.
    <span style="font-size: large">Stage 1

The first thing I need to do is buy some time by killing advisor Kre'lak. Then I will have enough time to warn Ariana's husband and the nomad camp.
    Start: Kill advisor Kre'lak.
    Complete: I have killed Kre'lak.
    I've killed the orc advisor Kre'lak, this should give me enough time to warn Ariana's husband.
    <span style="font-size: large">Stage 2

I need to warn Ariana's husband Orwen in the Commonlands of the impending attack by the orcs.
    Start: Warn Orwen Neovra.
    Complete: I have warned Orwen.
    I've warned Ariana's husband Orwen, though somehow he seemed to have already known.

I was successful in each of my tasks. I took care of the orc advisor and warned her husband. Owren was in the midst of fashioning another blade and gave it to me for my continued service.
    The text at the beginning and end ('Ariana had sacrificed...' and 'I was successful in each...' is there, as is the Start and Complete text, but not the text for each stage ('The first thing...' and 'I've killed...', and 'I need to warn...' and 'I've warned...').