1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about service ID

Discussion in 'Census: Planetside 2' started by Voleur, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Voleur

Voleur Guest

I am currently working on a replacement/alternative to the RosterMaster project (link here) as its no longer being actively developed.

What I am curious about is this - do these sorts of projects require a service ID, and how do we go about implementing one into a project that may be used on multiple websites's? I'd noticed when I checked the application link ( http://census.daybreakgames.com/#devSignup ) that an IP address is requested, though it doesn't have an asterisk marking it as required.

I also have another question about the service ID and projects like a roster addon for websites - do we just include it in every package, or should it be handled differently?

2. Voleur

Voleur Guest

Yeah, I loved RosterMaster. I figured it'd be nice to have an updated/maintained version, so working on one. Not in a huge rush, though, since RM still works - just kind of a future-proof sort of project.

Just wanted to be sure on the service ID, I've already registered and received one.

3. Feldon

Feldon Guest

Please read the threads in the API top forum which go into further detail, but yes, service IDs are required. You do not need to provide an IP address, as it's understood that some people will write scripts that run on the client side and so the IP address will change. You would just use a single service ID for the script, and it would not change as it's installed on different servers. It would only be blocked if it were poorly coded and generated a lot of nuisance/extra Census queries.

That's a bummer that RosterMaster is not being maintained any further. :(