1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Pushing through the high-90s

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Jadon, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Jadon

Jadon New Member

Since this is my first post, I'd like to say that I'm happy to see these forums become a reality! I've been a follower for many years.

I preordered Kunark Ascending but now it's over a month since launch and I'm still trying to push my main to 100 so I can actually experience it. He's 98 and the leveling curve has really steepened. Once I got to 95, it seemed like agnostics suddenly dropped to 10% of the xp they were giving me. I've been wandering around trying out different zones. Guidance to get me into the new expansion would be appreciated. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Armageddoux

Armageddoux New Member

As far as I know, everyone had the same problem due to numerous change in the XP computing model. One way to turn this computing model was (is always as it seems to me) to grab the XP points more easily in Dracur (the main city in Skyshrine), and when the 100 XP wall is obtained get some 100 XP stuff (recent Tradeskills Timelines may be a good way to get the minimal stuff without too much problem) and then begin the last two timelines (Altar of Malice, Terrors of Thalumbra, maybe the Zek Scourge Wastes one too) before beginning Kunark Ascending.

You must, during this time, focus on the new mechanics : potency, ability mod, critical bonus and then fervor.

And of course try to find a friendly guild that will help you achieve this goal ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lojask

Lojask Member

What server are you on? If you are on AB I will happily help you through some HKC or Skyshrine, I go farming Ascension XP there a lot.

If I'm solo and in the 90s, I usually go do Skyshrine with a merc, you should have merc feature with your preorder if you didn't have it anyway. I found Zhugrus to be capable of dropping SS mobs much faster than anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Malleria

Malleria Member

You can also do the Altar of Malice adv solo zones. They give quite good xp and are a fairly fast way to grind out those last two levels.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jadon

Jadon New Member

Thanks all for your suggestions! I tried out Skyshrine but ultimately a guildie took me through Brokenskull Bay: Contested until I hit 100.
    Hopefully this thread proves useful for other folks in a similar boat.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1