1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Pure Speculation, but...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tekka, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Thread Linkie

How much you want to bet it went a little something like this:

Somehow, again, an unrelated update broke the heroic character purchase on the select screen.

A fix is put in, and announced in the MotD (it was).

The 'fix' allowed a glitch wherein players could upgrade to heroic for free.

Heroic upgrades are shut down with no word until a player brings it up on the forums.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  2. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

EQ 2 is so sad on so many levels. I wonder how many folks will gravitate to Rift when they release their progression server on March 7th? I know a lot of people play/played both games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

The thing is, if there is an exploit or other odd glitch going on, I absolutely think they should suspend the upgrades.

And they should announce it, not wait for a player to get frustrated that they can't upgrade their character and think that they're doing something wrong.

Seriously, how difficult would it be to pop in an MotD - like they did for when it was fixed - to say: Heroic upgrades are suspended for <insert reason> until further notice, check the forums for news.

Any communication that is proactive, rather than scrambling reactive only after players notice and post about it.

At the very least, it's bad for their image and unprofessional.

Side note - while I still log in to EQ2 to RP, run our venue and chat with friends, I don't actually play it. I've been poking around in Rift for a while, and recently peeked back into GW2 (now that NCSoft as dropped the partnership with Nexon).

If GW2 put in robust personal housing, I would jump ship in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1