1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Profile Posts?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Forum Support' started by Feldon, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

On most forums I've participated in or managed, Profile Posts are easily missed and are open to abuse. I'd like to disable them. Objections?

2. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

What are Profile Posts, Feldon?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Feldon

For example:
    Terrius

Text at the bottom:

4. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

Would that also disable signatures, Feldon? I do like signatures, but could care less about other profile posts.

Your boards - if it gives you one less thing to moderate, I'm all for disabling them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Terrius

Terrius New Member

:oops: Wooo I got quoted by Feldon! Now I've made it into the big leagues! :cool: * does the duck mount dance*

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Cloudrat

Cloudrat New Member

Old lady still confused

7. Cloudrat

Cloudrat New Member

I want them!! I will use them if I find them!!

8. Cloudrat

Cloudrat New Member

You are getting lazy lol already looking for things to take away and we have only just begun:) need more help moderating:)? I think you have been hanging out with the devs of EQ2 too long. Nerf nerf nerf

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Feldon

I've had people leave an important message on my Profile page on other forums in the past and I didn't notice it for 3 years.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  10. Cloudrat

Cloudrat New Member

OOh now I see a little message people will see if they click on our avatar. Hmm almost like a private joke and I see people abusing it, but really who will see it that doesn't want to see it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Terrius

Terrius New Member

I promise that my Profile posts will only ever be duck related! Does that make it okay? ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Feldon

It currently shows in the Sidebar on the front of the forum.

eq2wire_profilepost_sidebar.png

13. Cloudrat

Cloudrat New Member

Ok now i'm even more confused. I thought I had it figured out but now huh? I went to my profile page and to other people's and I don't see anywhere to leave a message, so not seeing one for years could happen I suppose. Are you wanting to take them away completely or not have them show up on the front page?

14. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

I'm indifferent about it.

15. Feldon

There's a little "Write something..." box there if you look carefully.
    I don't know that they serve much purpose. Not trying to censor anyone, just trying to avoid a lot of confusion for very little benefit.

• Like Like x 1
  16. katz

katz New Member

What all would be disabled? On the EQ2 forums I sometimes go to look at threads I started or posted in trying to find something that I remember that would be useful to find again. I haven't looked to see if that is available here or if it is located in the profile.

Oh wait......Are you just wanting to remove the ability to post something in the profile? If that's the case, go for it. I can see where that would be confusing and of little practical use.

17. Feldon

I'm strictly talking about each user's profile wall. It's vaguely like Facebook

Yes you can click on someone's avatar or profile and get back to threads they've participated in. One of my favorite features too. All the same features you're familiar with on the official forums (and more) can be found here.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

I was screen shot! I feel so famous now!! :D ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Nolus

Nolus Member

I dunno, I saw ttobeys cause his name is red, so I found that easy to spot, I kind of like it. Is it hurting anything yet?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

I would kill them. one less thing to worry about.

• Like Like x 2