1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

I'm thinking a bunch of posts got scrubbed (again) - I thought I remembered B-holio questioning how Errorr was allowed to have cussin' in his sig... I'm crossing my fingers that he's on another vacation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I thought Trolling was against the forum rules on the OF

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yup. DW deleted its posts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I love how DW left my mocking post linking to all the wikis and suggesting a router reboot though lol

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

So what does your sig say? As a permabanned user, I can't see sigs.

• Popcorn Popcorn x 1
  6. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Here ya go:
    [​IMG]

I mean, that's so spicy, it nearly melted my eyeballs just from reading it! /s

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

You thought right. You did and he did. DW cleaned up:
    Benny explaining why he keeps instructing and PMing all and sundry to put him on ignore to prevent 'problems on the forums'
    Zynt telling him to stop it
    Me helpfully(!) suggesting that just stopping posting would be an easier fix
    Benny instead postng an A4 sized novel quoting all his posts in the thread in order to demonstrate ... er, what? Who knows.
    And Benny slipping on his forum mod hat to query Errrorr's sig content.

It was quite a popcorn event for a short while. The guy was seriously losing it. And as Errrorr pointed out taking a swipe at Benny tends to have a short lifespan but swipes at Siggy usually manage to live on :p

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Popcorn Popcorn x 1
  8. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I saved copies of that thread but unfortunately, Chrome sometimes fails to save a webpage and does so wordlessly, so you don't know it failed until when you check later and find pages missing. The page where all this went down -- page #4 -- I don't have. :mad:

• Devil Devil x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  9. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Page 5 - and I have a text version saved if anyone is desperate enough. But honestly, my precis above pretty much covers it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

It got to 5 pages lol? I left after 1 and never heard a peep from DW about my sig.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

No, the PQ one got to 5 pages. The Siggy swipe one where he had a go at your sig is still only one page I think. But DW pruned both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Speaking of Producer's letters and expansions....

FF XIV announced their new expac yesterday, launching this fall. Shiny, pretty trailer full of hype (of course) that gave a glimpse of a new class that further increased my "fan-boi" levels, etc. etc.

And then I started digging a bit, trying to avoid any spoilers (I haven't quite reached current expansion content yet, so I've always got to cautious of spoilers!).... and I nearly fell outta my chair!!

Square is ALSO doing an itemisation pass, and removing the belt slot! It's not a visible piece of equipment and stats are usually mediocre, so they're scrubbing it. Those inventory "slots" will be redistributed among the primary weapon, ring, and some held in reserve. LOVE that move.

But WAIT, there's more!!! They're doing a STAT SQUISH!!! Seriously. They specifically mention they didn't want numbers getting too big, and splashing across the screen for fights, etc. For reference, I believe (don't quote me on this, all anecdotal info from 2-hand sources) "high-end" DPS is in the tens of thousands (20-30k is what I heard) - and they want to squish that a bit.

So I guess stuff like this IS possible, with a competent staff. :D The caveat being of course, that Square usually pushes out expacs on a 2-year cycle, with 5 major content "updates" in between. The 5th update (5.5) of this cycle was also announced, projected to land around April'ish.

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

You mean Benny's "Veteran EQ2 Player" title?

Never mind he changed it. I changed mine to, "Feldon's sock puppet."

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  15. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yeah. Hardly accurate, was it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

He's every teen male in the 90s shitty insult rolled into one. That crap he pulled with Errrorr and his sig really left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Hehe, I like how he started his own thread a couple hours after I posted how to do it. Of course, that was after he "reported" my comment for being off topic... and then posted another off-topic comment about reporting off-topic.... yeah, you get the gist.

'Zactly what Zynt said.

18. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

I changed mine to "I've got friends in EQ2Wire places".... ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I should make an effort to log in and change mine to "EQ2Wire Ninja" :D

Edit: couldn't resist...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 5
  20. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 9