1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Pale Rider

Pale Rider New Member

What I find sad is that I haven't seen a single piece of newly discovered gear from ROS that is better than a reforged panda item that you can buy an unlimited number of. So solo and possibly heroic gear is a downgrade from the panda gear except for resolve. What brilliant continuity

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Except it doesn't seem to work this way. The did reset certain slots and others not. The Ethereal cloaks and all other cloaks were reset. Most Raider especially melee classes did loose a lot of dps mod.
    I did loose 1k dps mod / Strikethough on my etheral cloak Lvl 5/ other cloak, but i kept recovery speed on my Lvl 1 ethereal bracelet. Go Figure that.

Overall i lost about 9.5k dps mod, and i need to keep last expansions bracers till i get the fabled adornment recipe book for strikethough ad. That's where my striekthough is.

Speaking of itemization there is a BiS offhand weapon, basically the same spear and effect as last expansions, after finishing signa line. Those with 2 hand pearl hand weapons are screwed at the moment.

Edit: Those raiders with Raidgear from Sol Ro didn't have had the reset. A couple of Players i know have about 10k dps mod more than i have.

That means a gap between Raider who have Sol Ro Gear and those who don't.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  3. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

So, any first-day impressions? I'm not seeing anything really but I haven't checked the Discord.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I'm seeing enough reports of having to reset complete AA profiles to keep me from having any desire to even log in - even to visit Santa :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Yep. The AA stuff and list of issues like mount gear and everything else (Bhayer's 358 million hp discrepancy between prestige specs?!) I saw leave me with zero desire to log in. I did hop on briefly on Tuesday afternoon, and verified the Beastlord I created on my f2p account was still active / available. Growyl is still alive and well, on the boat to starter island, lol.

Edit: I was amused to see my f2p toons are only about 1100 resolve away from Tier 1 heroics in RoS.... lol! Of course, I might have a total of about 2 hours played since... April'ish? :p

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Right. Like I actually wanted to log in and just go harvest for a couple hours while listening to podcasts but then I thought about the AA garbage and didn't.

7. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

• Shelsishaazzz should no longer cast Soulrend for bajillions of HP.
    What’s the big deal? At this point isn’t that around 1% of hit points?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Seems like AAs are in too much flux to do an EQ2U update yet?

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

You may have to update them a few times if you start now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I'd definitely give it a couple more hot fixes if I were you :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Feldon

By the way, As I discussed with Errrorr and Adoninilol, AA data is being exported from a live server, so short of hand entering the TLE AA data manually, I don't see a way to handle TLE characters. I'll have to put a note.

13. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I see no reason not to start an AA import, unless you believe it'll run flawlessly first time round?

14. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Ah but they specifically said that AA changes were not going to impact TLE. And if you believe that I have this bridge ...

But seriously. could you maybe arrange the TLE details to not use the changed data?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

TLE aa still changed I believe. Not drastically, but it's not identical to the old AA

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Feldon

Is the data currently on EQ2U, which is currently 5 years out of date, accurate to TLE?

17. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

There's a fair chance it mlight have been. actually, as TLE only just got the Shadow tree. But, if Errrorr is right, and I suspect he is even it was unintentional. then obviously it no longer is :(

And you might need to get something out there asap after all just to avoid the whining of the masses -

No more POI on the map ?? | EverQuest 2 Forums

all hail the want-it-all-now modern generation! :rolleyes:

18. Feldon

I haven't loaded any data into EQ2U, and if the data that's there is valid to TLE, then I can stuff it somewhere else. Otherwise I was going to completely clear and overwrite it.

With the weak clues given in most quest descriptions, POIs is not an unreasonable request. POIs is something that SmokeJumper championed and which Kander is vehemently against. I'm banned from the official forums but if someone wants to comment that it's absolutely intended that POIs aren't indicated on maps anymore and that it's been like this for a few years now. This is what the devs want.

19. TechUp

TechUp New Member

They posted the AA updates as part of the release notes but the formatting was terrible. I dumped into a spreadsheet on launch day and uploaded it to Google Sheets. You are welcome to it if you think it would help for the TLE AA's.

20. Feldon

I appreciate that. I hope you understand that processing through that and comparing the AAs of 26 classes is not something I can justify at this time. :(

• Agree Agree x 2