1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Personal Loot - Another nail in the coffin

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Daaaaave, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Daaaaave

Daaaaave Member

2. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Guess it is to stop SLR.

3. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

It's way worse than that. It's a brand new pay to win scheme that people are calling pay to raid because the only way to increase your chances of getting good loot from heroics and raids is to purchase stuff from the pay shop. The company must be in really bad shape if Clintstat is openly complaining about the impact of monetizing raid loot.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Daaaaave

Daaaaave Member

upload_2023-3-15_12-29-2.png

Working as intended :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Oh, it is P2W?
    Yeah, stuff that. Paying for loot with real money rubs me 3 wrong ways.

6. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Caith doesn't make a 3 page thread with diagrams, tables, and screenshots unless he's got a gun to his head.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Well, it is near the end of the financial year, so I guess they needed to get the numbers up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

9. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

This system is on top on a lackluster expansion. Steep"mooaar" Resolve Tiers and more difficult encounter.

What is really fascinating is the perception of the game's direction by playerbases. Casual, and especially solo player, blame the so called "High end Raider" for the difficulty of the game. But then you look at the before mentioned Thread and You see that Raiders are actually the most vocal against this P2W systems.

On a site note: Remeber the days when we used to joke "The day they put Raidloot on the marketplace, the game is dead".

11. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

The thing that bothers me most about this "debate" between raiders and casuals is that it focuses on the players. It completely ignores the people who design the game ... you know ... the people who, if they had the talent to do so, could fix all of the problems in the game.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  12. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

As a mainly casual/solo player I dont blame any of the other players for the mess the devs have made of the game. I actually feel sorry for the raiders that have spent so much all ready just to be slapped in the face with more shenanigans.
    The devs do have talent but very poor management, at this point I dont see them fixing anything. They have been painting themselves into a corner for a long time now.

At least we get a roadmap of what they are going to do for the year... shame it seems to end up on a dead end street.
    There are a lot of other subtle changes that are been being made to the game I dont quite agree with, like the zombie dude lost lovers thing in Erollisi that could have been inspired from The Last of Us episode 3, its almost entertaining to see how far they will take it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Feldon

Every year, raiders provide tons of informed feedback, suggestions, and offer to help the team. And every year those players get slapped in the face. Many of them quit. If EQ2 isn't being kept going by player passion or dev passion, then what?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  14. Feldon

Over the years, I blamed Smed, SmokeJumper, Rich Waters, Holly, and every other managedrone I could think of. I kept saying, if we could just let the designers do what they want, EQ2 would shine. Whelp all those people are gone and EQ2 marches forth on the same trajectory it's been on since about 2009. If there's nobody to pass blame to anymore, that suggests our original premise was faulty!

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

Looking at it that way, you have a point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

So, now they are monetizing the loot system by employing their love affair with stupidly low probabilities of looting something the character can actually use.

"Hey, we gotta tighten-up the loot drops! One item! This will encourage the purchase of loot boxes from the store."

"Yeah, but they"ll just farm the zones."

"Lockout timers and heirloom loot!"

"Yeah, but SLR...."

"Personal loot boxes, dude. And if they want to farm for themselves we can sell em lock-out unlockers and loot keys so they can buy 2 more shitty chances of not getting anything useful. Hopefully, they buy all three: loot crates, unlockers, and keys."

"Yeah. What are we gonna tell 'em?"

"Just tell 'em our goal is to make it easier to group with friends."

"They're gonna see through this."

"Yeah, they'll bitch, moan, and complain. But they"ll buy this stuff. They always do!"

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Sometimes I look at other games and the shitshow of development decisions they make.

Then I come back to read some EQ2 news and realise that other games really aren't that bad.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

I fully expect the following: Thank you for all your feedback. Please continue to provide feedback as we implement this system in Heroic III zones, so that we can work through any issues that might arise when we implement this system to all raid and heroic zones moving forward.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

So Kander posted that DPG makes a 180 Degree turn from P2W Raid and Personal Loot, removing crates and the system.
    He also posts DPG is looking into Class Balance and to open Threads on the Eq2 Forum.

The way i see it the danger of loosing to many accounts shows here. There might enough accounts / subscriptions to run the game in the state it is. Loosing to many accounts /subscriptions and the game sun sails.

20. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Link is here for those that want to see the actual post:
    Heritage Treasure Cache, Personal Treasure and Your Feedback | EverQuest 2 Forums

• Informative Informative x 2