1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tekka, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

So I read the patch notes today (all two of them) and after the hissy fits thrown at the Other Place about free travel being a major perk of That Server and how they probably couldn't just flag it by account status and so reserved it for That Server...

I feel vindicated.

(I never claimed to be a good human.)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

No kidding lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Malleria

Malleria Member

A [very] small step in the right direction.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Cool, means I won't have to wait for my calls to come back up to zone. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

I like it, and yes its a huge step in the right direction. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Kokorobosoi

Kokorobosoi New Member

ok, so a dumb question...but how does that even work? I have gotten the answer of, open map, click and go.....but I don't see a darn thing saying travel lol. I use profit, could that be it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Finora

Finora New Member

If you are using eq2maps or a custom UI, there might not be a visible button.

For me, on the map I have to pull the window a little further out to the right so there is a little space between the last visible button and the edge, then click in that space. There's an invisible button there that accesses the fast travel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

isn't eq2maps an officially recommended addon?

also, LOL at invisible buttons. top notch. 5/7.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I use eq2maps and I have the icon in the upper right corner of the map, but I did have to expand the right side of the window out to see it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Tekka has the answer for most of the troubles with this: You might need to expand or maximize the window to see the winged icon.

In the default UI, it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, they didn't change the icon when they changed the functionality. It's still the same "click to pay for something" chevrons they use for Daybreak Cash things, but you don't have to pay in this one specific case. The UI person in me is twitching at the mixed message. :confused:

(EDIT - Jamiss very nicely reminded me that fast travel is a subscriber-only benefit, so it does still represent a for-cost service. I got caught by my subscriber privilege <blush>...I'm leaving this in to help keep myself honest going forward. :oops:)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1