1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

New to the API and wondering if this is possible

Discussion in 'Census: Planetside 2' started by Natir, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Natir

Natir Guest

Hello, I was curious to see if this info would be possible to get. I am completely new to this API thing and have no clue how to even use it. So, just wondering if something like this is possible before I try and learn this stuff.

What I want to get from the PS2 API:

Averages for accuracy percent for SMGs, Carbines, LMGs, and ARs.

Each character stat must have at least 500 kills for that weapon accuracy to be included. I feel 500 kills is a decent number to start with. This also might be easier than say, ignored all BR10 and below players... If this is not possible, then something like ignoring players from BR 1-15 could be used as an example.

It is safe to say that accuracy from 35%+ is very suspicious and therefor I do not want it to skew results. 30-35% is a little iffy but acceptable.

So, accuracy of anything higher than 35% will be ignored and any client id that has less than 500 kills with said weapons will be ignored.

It will be broken down by each empire and then each gun in the categories. It should also include the number of players killed with said weapon and total shots fired. This is across all servers.

It would also be convenient to see the top 3 attachments for each weapon equipped, if possible.

So, could anyone know if something like this is possible to gather out of the API?

2. Medicdude

Medicdude Guest

Yes it's possible. Your query should look something like this:
    http://census.daybreakgames.com/get/ps2-beta/character?stats.kills.weapon.14.value=>500&c:show=stats.kills.weapon.14, stats.fire_count.weapon.13, stats.hit_count.weapon.13, stats.headshots.weapon.13, name.first&c:limit=100
    weapon.14 is the cycler. I'm not sure if you can wildcard in the middle of the query like that, if you can great, if you can't you'd need to write a little script to crawl through the popular weapon numbers (after finding out what they are).

3. Medicdude

Medicdude Guest

Pulling that stat for ALL characters is going to be very difficult and take awhile, API isn't optimized for it.

4. Jakobud

Jakobud Guest

It would almost be easier to download the raw data and then do the calculations on the data on your end that trying to write some super complicated API query that may or may not work.