1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

New Producer Letter, well note really

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by CoLDMeTaL, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Senya

Senya Member

It will genuinely surprise me if there are ever any more expansions. I just don't think PoP was the "oomph" they hoped for and/or needed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Eh, people have been saying that for a while now. Expansions are a nice annual cash infusion though, and present an opportunity to drive up the average $/player (eg: new Ascension levels = new Ascension spells = more research $). They're going to bleed EQ2 dry but I don't think that'll happen for a while yet -- all of those band-aid fixes really slow down the blood extraction.

3. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Thanks for this post, not only is it true, but it gave me a much needed good laugh today lol :p.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Only if Tekka's bubble gnomes don't run out first :p.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

No, I don't think you missed it. Last I checked it had eventually shown up on the twitter feed, but it wasn't posted to the forums, it was on the home page.

To be fair to the Bubble Gnomes™ - I'm stealing that by the way, it's awesome - provide more consistent better quality 'entertainment' than The Team at this point.

Anyone that tries to spin that 'letter' is just delusional.

I honestly feel bad for real, dedicated fans that have stuck it out for this long with the slim hope that it would get better.

Also, does anyone know when they merged both EQ titles under a single producer?

edit: No bubbles or gnomes were harmed in the making of this post. Nor does the poster claim any responsibility for the utter vacuousness of aforementioned gnomes.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, they had the eq1 producer job posted since this summer?

Was still up as of a couple of weeks ago.

Either no one wants that job or the money that comes with it, or, a decision has been made to move the franchise into wind down mode, maybe.

Edit: yeah, they took the exec producer - eq1 down.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Quidam

Quidam New Member

The first executive producer for EQ and EQ2 was Dave Georgeson in 2011...

8. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Ole smokie is looking pretty good right now lol :p.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Quidam

Quidam New Member

Where is he?

10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

No. Just no.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Since Lauren was able to pull off this expac without a hitch, makes total sense to give her another title so she stays busy.

Clearly, they have big plans for the franchise. BIG!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Rift's just released producer letter for comparison.

Rift is a game that I feel has some similarities to EQ2 in terms of its current issues (hey look, another recycled raid...) but their producer's letter definitely feels more uplifting by comparison.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

*le gasp!* a producer's letter with an outline of plans and some actual details? Say it ain't so.

There are some similarities, which shouldn't be surprising since some of the original Trion folks came from SOE, but they have really diverged, and some of what seems the 'same' is just the game model - more linear progression toward end game raids.

Though Rift continues to expand on and provide new content for a wide variety of game aspects and playstyles. For instance, Tok's Dungeon Puzzles (introduced with the last expansion) can kiss my butt... until I figure them out, then they're awesome!

The Dev Team(s), at least for Rift and Trove, communicate frequently with, and take a lot of feedback (and flak) from the community. And last week one of the more prominent Devs introduced an NPC named after, and to honor, a young lady that was very active in the dimension community and contests after she was killed in an accident.

It's not perfect, far from it, but the atmosphere is dramatically different.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Even H1Z1 can do more detailed articles... Dev Blog

I really don't see how they couldn't have bulked it up a bit;
    • "We will continue to work through class balancing this expansion and make this one of the features we are most keen to sort out. This will be an ongoing process over the next few months and will see many changes"
    • "As always we are looking to improve the players experience within the world of Norrath, and will over the next few weeks be making changes to the Public Quest system to reduce the problems being experienced due to over population!"

You get the idea :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

I almost gave up on hoping for this. Thanks for bringing it up. Hey look, someone besides me loved that game! Honestly, you guys are awesome, but I'd truly really rather be paying $60-100 for a real PC or console game without any MMO features. I think MMO just twists games into thematic areas that don't interest me. There hasn't been a good offline game in the fantasy category in decades, it seems. Replaying Dungeon Siege is not cutting it. I'd buy a new CoN game. Not having to compete with parses would be really nice. I'm not the competing type, more of a cooperative game type. I'd rather compete for cutest outfit in the group.

16. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Well, we saw how well the last talks of class balance ended... "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

So did anyone else see the (unintended) irony in the title of the producer's letter?

'Charging' into 2018?

*has visions of spinning visas and mastercards*

You're welcome.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Yet another brilliant observation Holmes hehe :p ;).

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

It's already bled dry. Here it is, what, two months after the PoP release? And on a Saturday, mid-day, in the winter... They are asking in general for anybody to come to the PQ, as there aren't enough there to do it. At least in KA, people were flocking to get to any and every PQ that popped. To me, that speaks more than anything to the player base taking a drastic nose-dive.

I've been saying as someone did above, IF there is another expansion, it will be a single, instanced room, with one repeatable quest for idiotic faction to unlock a window that leads to "Solo" "Duo" "Heroic" and "Raid" instances, and that will be it. EQ2 has lost every last shred of credibility it had.

20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I couldn't help it. I started a producer's letter thread because I really, really, want to be entertained this weekend.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1