1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

New Producer Letter, well note really

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by CoLDMeTaL, Jan 17, 2018.

1. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Quidam

Quidam New Member

So many details!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Spoiler alert: There will be another letter this year to tell you they're hard at work on the new expansion.
    Second spoiler alert: The new expansion will be a small overland zone and an instance hub.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

That was potatoes. Where's the meat?

I read that letter as "We did some stuff. Keep sending money."

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  5. Ansom

Ansom Member

I disagree on this one Feldon..

I read: "Thanks for the money (but we need more), here some image create by my 4 years old nephew. We planning (like we planning the class balance.. ups, i really hope the players have already forgotten) to do stuff. Please keep sending money, or we will kill the Tradeskill Signature."

Planning.. But i bet the new signature quest line will have 3 step in heroic, and 2 in raid zone.. just for keep the crafter occupated.

ps. so.. Mooncast is the producer, and Holly the Executive Producer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Don't like it, don't read it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Feldon

Lauren (Mooncast) is the producer over EQ2.

God knows what Holly is doing. Trying to get enough people inside Daybreak to believe EQ3 wouldn't suck?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Feldon

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Quidam

Quidam New Member

Maybe Holly is in charge of one of the two new titles DBG is working on...

10. Quidam

Quidam New Member

"...and please shut up about the PoP Crafting Timeline, its coming!"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ansom

Ansom Member

I usually don't judge a book from the cover :D

After the EqN fiasco?

atm develop a new game with modern standard is very expensive. If you don't have an army full of programmer and graphic, you will need to buy some structures from other company.. and most are not cheap. In any case the Eq brand, outside the eq bubble, is dead. Pretty much no media cover, 4-5 fansite "active" (eq2u, eq2 wikia, eq2maps, eq2traders, library. And the worse part, a lot of information are out date, a new player without some "veteran" is lost, since the closed box structure for many game part), articles in editor/news/ecc are few, and usually they hit hard.. no press conferences, 0 exhibition..

They lost any credibility, likely, the same game will sell more without eq brand connection. Is sad, i know.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Just make another Champions of Norrath game. Probably has more positive name recognition than EverQuest itself at this point, and we could have fun itemization again since loot RPGs have different balance considerations than MMOs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

But how will you know you don't like it if you don't read it?

That is not a producer's letter. That's an advert for some desktop art to distract folks from realizing that there are no details on upcoming 'content' (can't give details on what's not there) and that the tradeskill signature line is being pushed back - again.

The wording 'which offers an additional way to earn progression' is curious.

And while they don't have time to work on and test real content, they can crank out those familiar crates (and other crap) for the cash shop like clockwork.

I'm not sure anything they put out at this point will justify the excuses they gave for not having completed it to begin with, but some folks will just be so grateful to get anything at all, they'll take a pile of **** with a candle in it and call it a cupcake.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

To me this EQ2 Producer's Letter reads as if it was something on the 2018 Q1 To-Do list and can now be checked off as done. There is very little substance and almost no details or specifics. The contents seem to rehash in different words what is already known and commonplace information. Perhaps there is some portion of the population that is over the moon that Season Three of Familiars is coming, maybe???? But come on, man....Is it really all that informative to say that Erollisi Day will be happening around February 14th?

And the Executive Producer's comments were all of three sentences which is being generous based on the number of period and exclamation characters used.

I think this par for course for the EQ2 management team and really what the level of expectation should be nowadays for this sort of communication. But perhaps the underlying message to glean from this article is "We, the EQ2 team, are still here...and the lights are still on..."

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

When I read it my reaction was "Do I laugh or cry?" I don't have adequate words to express how I feel. This whole thing is like a sad tragic comedy.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

It's like turning your head when you pass a car accident, you don't want to look, but morbid curiosity gets the best of you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

This was some of the best entertainment I've seen yet.

1. Spinning the ts timeline as a game update, like it's some kind of special event or new dlc.

2. Concept art from already published content. This, combined with the apparent jubilation over planning what's next almost implies they are not even sure if, come March, the game will still exist.

3. Buy more familiars.

I have absolutely no clue why Holly felt the need to chime in.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Also, did I miss it, or did they not post this letter to the forums?

Someone will start a thread about the producers letter.

This is gonna be fun.

And by fun, I don't mean the people who come back with "Ummmm.....what?"

I mean Tekka's small army of bubble gnomes with comments like....

"Omg, So excited!"

"Thanks for the update, Holly. Keep up the great work!"

"Will there be pink monkey mounts?"

"Can't wait for the tradeskill quest line. Yay!"

"Can we buy that art as house item?"

"Can we expect class balancing now. I hope so. Please give us class balancing!"

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

I just noticed in my mailbox a mass mailing from Everquest inviting me to read the EQ Producer's Letter. So I did...

The similarities between the two Letters (granted now, written the by hands of same Producer and Executive Producer) is striking.

I joking thought to myself this looks like when a high school student is trying to carefully word-smith a Cliff Notes into an "original" book report of their own...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

At least the producers and players can agree on how they feel when it comes to writing and reading the new producer's letters:

not-this-shit-again_fb_1224286.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3