1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

New PoP debuffs

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by CoLDMeTaL, Feb 6, 2018.

1. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Mobs have 'celestial guard', debuffs double cast, flurry, multi-attack and ability double cast.

So when reforging 100% double cast is no longer a cap.

I don't tend to read every buff on every mob so this kind of surprised me, so in case any one else was missing it, and a lot of wiki stuff is wrong now.

2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

EQ2 since launch:
    1. Hand out stats like candy
    2. Realize characters are blowing through caps
    3. Add undocumented debuffs to mobs to reduce said stats so 100% doesn't mean 100% anymore
    4. Add new "uber" stat that they promise they'll be careful about doling out this time so it lasts more than 18 months
    5. Go back to 1.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

This would be more funny if it were less true...
    Like the hidden 'potency mitigation' all mobs seem to have. It's especially noticable in PoM... go in with less then 30k potency and you can't damage anything, get to 30, 31k and things melt...
    Swapping into harvesting gear makes that clear. The difference waaaaay to steep to be just 1k or so potency.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I think you need to be either 120% double cast for some heroics and maybe 200% for raids for cap. Would need a raider to confirm that later.

5. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Roughly 150% T1 Heroic, 170 T2 Heroic, 180 T1 Raid, 200 T2 Raid from my understanding.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Feldon

So I have to change the tooltip on EQ2U again. I'll just change the red text for overcaps to orange text and "Mobs can debuff this cause devs ran out of ideas."

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Just remove tooltips. You'll only have to change them in 6 months anyway.

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Or on the 13'th, with the new "Update"

9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

They mobs don't actually debuff players. Our stats don't change. The mobs just 'avoid' a portion of our stats... so a mob may have say '45% DC avoidance'.. which means until a toon has 145 DC that doesn't doesn't DC 100% of the time.

10. Feldon

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  11. Feldon

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I love how players resort to a "understanding" instead of facts when talking about the EQ2 stats system.

Can we expect them to listen and redo stats? WoW did, and will do again next expansion. I understand the people working at DBG isnt the most talented bunch, but surely it should be possible to do an item squish or go back to +heal/+damage or just do something to stop the inflation.

13. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

They don't have enough resources to do it. At least I wouldn't expect it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

No, nope, never. Updating all of the AAs, spells, buffs, gear, templates used to generate gear, etc. and making sure everything is still relatively balanced throughout all of the levels (within reason... obviously people don't care *too* much about old content on live servers and the progression has been pretty busted there for a while due to all of the previous gear revamps) is way too much effort.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

My take is that they will only do it as a last resort. Eventually the current technique they are using of adding new layers and ignoring old stats/mechanics will cause a major problem in the game which they will be unable to patch around.

Their technical debt in game mechanics must be huge currently and growing at an alarming rate.

16. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

It already is a major problem. But they will continue the only way they know, IF there is another expansion, player HP will go up 10 times, probably Potency will no longer matter, and they will just add a new idiotic mechanic (Aim? Anyone?) Or, maybe just give up, make all spells worthless, and add 10 more levels of ascension as the only thing that can do any damage.

The dev team is simply clueless at this point.