1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Moving On...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Fuli, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Pantheon = game for people who are cool with massive time sink being a fundamental aspect of the game.

/pass.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Yep - in addition to mandatory PvP, permadeath makes me walk away from a game as well. I want to have fun and to me that's just frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I look at it differently, for me it is an opportunity to have/find a permanent group to play with each night and engage in guild raids according to the raid schedule. However if I cannot find a permanent group then it is a game I cannot play as you cannot progress solo.

I have signed up with my old Vanguard guild as they are going to play Pantheon but at this stage I am not sure if any I got along with will be there. I used to play EQ and I am very happy with groups which need Crowd Control, have down time for mana regen, pullers to feed the mobs in and in between times to chat. I actually miss that type of play.

All this action action action stuff just wears me out quickly.

As mentioned before I am a backer.

4. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

Pantheon has the most off-the-wall toxic, elitist community I've ever seen -- which is impressive, considering the game isn't even out yet. I like to watch "shows" and forum activity for all kinds of MMORPGs out there (particularly the up-and-coming ones) and those put out by the Pantheon community have a penchant for both being full of misinformation (about other games) and shitting hard all over anything and everything else. Of course, that's what's to be expected from people who've confined themselves to one or two games in the span of a decade and are, essentially, looking for "EverQuest: Again" and will accept no substitute.

As someone who was there at the dawn of MMORPGs, I sure as hell don't miss the lack of groupfinders/que systems, maps, more available content for casual gamers, severe death penalties, 8-hour grind sessions, etc. I didn't mind it back in the day, seeing as all those things were the norm and I had the free time to endure them. But now? Not a chance. More power to you if it's in your taste, but I'd recommend being careful letting nostalgia get between you and your purse strings.

• Agree Agree x 5