1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Mage Epic 2.0 Research & Discussion

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Administrator, Dec 14, 2016.

1. I have yet to find a cache, but I did find an unusual person in DLW at -552, -56, 138 named Quardrin Y'Kenund, that only mages can see. I made sure to have a swashy friend of mine look and he could not see her. However, I can not interact with her as of yet. I have scoured Steamfont/Loping Planes and all the others listed above, no luck.

2. Drelf

Drelf New Member

Part of the DLW mount quests and some other quest. Just did them on my BL to make sure.

3. Fonyx

Fonyx Guest

Quardrin Y'Kenund in Darklight Wood is a dead end

4. Dolcevita

Dolcevita New Member

Yes I tried to hail Quardrin and it's a dead end, it might be part of the questline when we find it

5. Erevis

Erevis New Member

He is part of the Darklight Wood quest "Thexian Taint." You kill him. He isn't directly mentioned in this wikia page, but I just did the quests on an alt up to this point to be sure.

Thexian Taint

6. Conifur

Conifur Member

A week ago I went and talked to Vence Laden in KP to see if he was part of the questline since he was in the first. I got mail from him and he is now gone - all since I started the City quest. I have completed it and him and the little geo thing on the table are gone. That can't be random.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  7. Azraels Tear

Azraels Tear Guest

He is part of the Conjy Epic 1.0 timeline.

8. Firi

Firi New Member

Drax (Mage)-heute um 08:40 Uhr

The Pursuing ones are?.. Hrrm

Kander-heute um 08:40 Uhr

yes

Kander-heute um 08:41 Uhr

Last time I gave hints, I got pooped on by the entire community. No motr hints.

Kander-heute um 08:42 Uhr

Any fight thar is required for an epic and requires a group can drop loot for the group.

Kander-heute um 09:20 Uhr

Ok. I'll give you this. All 4 starters are similar in their construction. They may be different in execution.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Firi

Firi New Member

Azentalis-heute um 09:20 Uhr

so same prereqs but different ways for getting the starter?

Kander-heute um 09:20 Uhr

Yes Azentalis

• Like Like x 1
  10. Drelf

Drelf New Member

Yes! Now we can stop this stupid flying around 24/7....
    So... ehmn... start running epic dungeons? World bosses? What?

11. Firi

Firi New Member

no misspost was just a question before

So Healer & Priest discovert

12. Drelf

Drelf New Member

Stealing this from the scout forum. Posted by Adevil.

"Kander confirmed that Scouts have the same pre-reqs as priest & fighter. December 27 @ 2:22AM EST on Discord:

Druantia - Today at 2:06 AM
    someone tell Kander to give us scouts and mages 10 zones each to look in
    or at least confirm we have the same prereqs as fighter / priest classes!

Kander - Today at 2:22 AM
    same pre-reqs

Those were consecutive posts. Only a gigantic smiley was removed. Discord and this forum seem to size those very differently.

Caith's hint for scouts late on the 26th was:

Caith - Yesterday at 9:57 PM
    Be more scoutish"

I guess we should be more magey then....

See Invis (All mages) - Have used this from the start...
    Aqueous Soul (Necro and Conjuror) - I'll put on my scuba gear..
    Invisibility (Necro and Conjuror), Summon Shadows (Warlock and Wizard) etc etc - Will make searching even slower... uuuh...

Rly grasping at straws here, but I'm all out of ideas.

13. dish-skyfire

dish-skyfire Guest

checked ts and everfrost wiz have all freeport timeline done also with ascension lvl 5 and all the myth updates

14. Zazren

Zazren New Member

I'm stuck at work coming up with ideas that I can't test. I've done all of the exploring that everyone else has, focusing on areas with libraries and mage towers (it seemed to be in line with the archetype) with see invis on and found absolutely nothing.

A couple of things that stood out today as I reviewed all of the previous dialogs:
    "be more scoutish," so we need to think more magish
    "get back to your roots," was assumed to mean back to low level quests/lore, but what's more old school mage than root and nuke
    "turning off npc say/chat could be a mistake of epic proportions," which has been disregarded since it didn't seem to apply to the fighter and priest starters

So, I was thinking maybe we need to root something and it could start a new dialog and the only thing I could think that it would apply to is the wandering tome in OF, which does fit into "mages love books" theme. I'm guessing that the construction part of the starters being similar just means that there will be four clues that lead to the actual starter, not that there is a hidden zone in for everyone. I don't know, I'm usually waaaaay off on obscure quests, just throwing stuff out there for people to think about. Nothing else has worked so far :/

15. Conifur

Conifur Member

I know, I did it. But last week he was at his post in Terin Grasp (I checked when I got level 5) with the geo thing on the table - after Frostfell started (that mail was below his) I got the mail from him saying he was gone and yesterday after finding that mail (I don't check my box much) I went there and they are gone - that can't be by chance. Did anyone else get the mail from him or am I the only one?

16. Drelf

Drelf New Member

Searched Qeynos mage tower, got insulted by every single NPC, stole books and vial of ink. Found nothing.
    Don't think they like dark elf necromancers, bah!
    Will now go take a bath in every single body of water I can find.

17. Drelf

Drelf New Member

No mail and he's still there for me. My own questgiver is also gone btw, we had to kill ours.
    Prolly nothing.

18. Conifur

Conifur Member

But we did not kill ours and he was there with his little elemental just over a week ago. Any other Conj get the mail and is he gone?

19. Fonyx

Fonyx Guest

Conifur, it's a dead end. Sorry it didn't pan out. Lots of things aren't panning out for us mages. I know I'm done looking for now since we all hit a roadblock until ascension lvl 7. Good luck!

20. Drax

Drax New Member

This item was just disco'd: EQ2U - Item Details - Sorcerer's Stone

Thus far, not clear if it's related to the epic or not.. But no-trade disco'd by a L100 Asc5 wizard today.

Not yet confirmed, but the fellow was nice enough to share so far:
    - There is a non-trackable NPC in an overland that talked to them.
    - This led to them searching for this item and finding it as a ground clickie in another overland.