1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Mage Epic 2.0 Research & Discussion

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Administrator, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Sigismund

Sigismund Guest

Now that the quest is found so no need to hide any spoilers...
    Where exactly was the clue that said anything about a wandering chest in Fens?
    What npc chat (say, tell, or otherwise) led to finding the gathered items for the wandering chest?

I mean I looked and spent a lot of time on it before anything was posted. I would like to know what I missed. Aside from not having good enough dumb luck to blindly stumble across things (because that would be less than epic, much less epic 2.0).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Randum Sycoseas

Randum Sycoseas New Member

New bug has appeared on Maj'Dul. The Cobalt Scar Othmir quest 'Ritual of Bone' is bugged. I've met several people who are stuck at the same point. We've all tried deleting and repeating the quest and it hangs at the same point. After returning from the ritual instance, the conversation between Nika and Osh won't complete, so the quest will not advance. Osh has a red quest book over his head and the quest states 'Speak to Osh'.
    Anyone else here stuck at that point?

3. Mando

Mando New Member

I opened my world map to Norath and saw that there was a quest feather for Moors. A search of moors revealed the chest. Not really a clue in the text, just following the feather.

4. Arieva

Arieva New Member

Yes also stuck at this point.

5. Ladyhera

Ladyhera New Member

I sent in a bug report for Cobalt Scar Othmir quest "ritual of bone". that fixed it for me, maybe for everyone, but if not just send in report.

6. Kaytos

Kaytos New Member

Agreed I didn't see any clue that would lead me to a tent in Loping Plains or any of the updates .. now I'm looking for "a study of the Akashic Neverthere" is it a book, scroll, piece of paper flapping in the wind .. which zone? overland or in a dungeon maybe a library somewhere totally stuck at this point.

I've probably ran past the update and didn't notice. Will keep searching until I get fed up and someone else finds it in a zone totally unrelated ..

So far I've tried/looked in: Eidolon Jungle, Obol Plains, Vesspyr Isles, Moors & Odus

Altar of Abhorrence (Raid)
    Dreadcutter: Pirate King (Raid)
    Harrows End (Raid)
    Chelsith Ancient Vault
    Anchor of Bazzul
    Obelisk of Ahkzul
    Temple of the Faceless (Heroic)
    Halls of the Betrayer (Heroic)
    Nexus Core (Heroic)
    Throne of Fear (Heroic)
    Zraxth's Unseen Arcanum
    Wurmbone's End
    Wurmbone Crag
    Sleepers Tomb Unearthed (Raid) Though I was tired while doing this one ..
    Wurnbone's End: Nox Incessit
    PoF
    PoTA
    High Keep (Heroic)
    Hive (Heroic)
    Research Halls
    Library of Erudin
    Palace of Erudin
    Palace of Roehn Theer
    Castle Highhold (Heroic)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  7. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

So with the patch tomorrow they're fixing the Sigil update and putting it in an instance like it was supposed to be originally..

Any idea which instance it's going to be in? I would assume it'll be a KP instance due to the name of the sigil and the fact that it's already in KP contested

8. Sigismund

Sigismund Guest

It'll be klakanon. Close enough in name, may as well.

9. Asmaral

Asmaral New Member

Noticed this in the update notes also:
    • Curse of the Magic Thief - The Blackscale rune cube can now be found in a secondary location.

I wonder why and also where it will be.

10. Conifur

Conifur Member

I find it frustrating that mages already broke the code on where they screwed up and put it, now mages have to go back and break the code to where it was originally intended to go. They screwed up, the least they could do is tell mages where they moved it since it is not even a 100% drop.

They probably moved the rune cube because it was in a fabled raid zone and they had said those would not be required for the Epic.

11. Jrox

Jrox New Member

I am so glad I got mine last night. I have missed the last week due to an illness. But I logged in, basically one-shot the mob and he dropped it. Before I was sick I had killed him in the teens of times so I feel your pain.

I do agree there should be a descript of where it's moved to since it was previously discoed for the current setup. Not cool to make mages go back to the drawing board since those who have gotten the update cannot participate in the search for the new loc and drop mob+rate of drop...

12. Jrox

Jrox New Member

Funny, the irony. Lol, just sayin...:p

13. Bjoern

Bjoern New Member

Faction repeatable quest: "The Never Ending Mending of a Broken Land"
    Subquest from Keyta Wicker "A Message with Spirit" This quest is not repeatable. She does not give me the quest "More Message with Spirit" And I can not see awandering kerran spirit. What do I do wrong?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  14. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

You did nothing wrong, it's happening to everyone. Looks like the 18-hour timer was removed on the main quest, but not on the subquests required by it. :(

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I've heard, but not found it myself, that it drops off the roach mob in Kralet temple heroic.. but it's still not a guranteed drop and it's still only one, so mages are better off NOT cooperating on this one, because both mages will get a locked zone, if the item drops or not.
    (( Alternate location for the KP contested drop ))

Confirmed, the Krak update comes off the last mob in Kralet: Temple of the Ill-Seen heroic.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Ladyhera

Ladyhera New Member

Have the said when they might fix the quest "the never ending mending of a broken land", thought they was getting rid of 18 hour timer?

17. Uyaem

Uyaem Member

They got rid of the timer in Friday's update, for the repeatable quest.
    However, the quest leading up to it (which has the same name I think) still locks you for 18 hours from getting the repeatable.

18. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

The sub-quests have different names.

19. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

The sub quests have been fixed and we can now grind out repeatables :)

20. Heck62

Heck62 New Member

Is there an Ascension level requirement to start quest 2?Not having ant luck locating chest 2.