1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Learn About EQ2 Data -- Sunday October 4th, 2015 @ 1pm PDT

Discussion in 'Census: EverQuest II' started by Administrator, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator Staff Member

This is an archived post...

It’s hard to believe this month marks four years that the EQ2 Census service has been in continuous operation. Over that time, there have been just a handful of EQ2 websites that use the service, including Roster Master, EQ2 Mission, Dragon’s Armory and our own EQ2U. However Daybreak’s generous offer of this data was always intended for anyone who was interested in data analysis, or the building of websites and mobile apps. By comparison, DCUO and PlanetSide 2 each have over a dozen websites and mobile apps leveraging this data.

UPDATE: The livestream started on Sunday October 4th at 1:00pm PDT. That’s 4:00pm EDT, 23:00 BST, and Monday October 5th @ 0:00 CET. It concluded after 1 hour 10 minutes. Thank you very much to those who joined me for this livestream.

This livestream is rather Technical in nature and lays the foundation of how to request EQ2 data through Census calls. A followup stream will build upon this foundation and create a rudimentary Guild Roster website in PHP language.

I’ve edited the 72 minute livestream down, removing a few dull bits, an exploration of a feature which it turns out has been removed (oops!), and also blanking out my misbehaving webcam which displayed static for approximately 5 minutes towards the latter half of the program. I suggest popping out the video (it’s in full 1080p) so that the query calls can be more easily be read…

Conclusion

Thank you once again for tuning into the livecast. If there is anything I can do to assist you in building Census-driven websites and mobile apps for EQ2 or any other game Daybreak supports, please let me know! I’m @EQ2Wire on Twitter, morganfeldon (at) gmail.com on Gmail/Hangouts Chat. I’ll have a followup livecast soon!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator Staff Member

Example Census Queries

Characters, Items, Spells, Achievements, etc. are things that we had to explore on our own to figure out how to read and handle this data vs, how it looked in-game. We have never gone back and produced documentation on how Characters, Items, Spells, etc. work. This is something I would like to go back and do some day. In the mean time, here are some example queries on how to get started: