1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Kander Interview: MMORPG.com

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Fuli, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The great Kander (with great generosity) has blessed the little folk with a fan site interview to promote the latest expansion.

Surprisingly, I could not detect any blatant lies, but then again, questions regarding p2w did not surface.

He did confess that both reforging and infusing were not mechanics productive for fun. Of course, I don't recall reforging as being an issue (at all), but I concede that Kander knows more than I do about what's fun and interesting, and I have to grudgingly acknowledge that this must be true because he went out of his way 3 or 4 different times to sell the removal of both these features as a good reason for previous customers to come back to the game.

Also (and quite heroically , I might add) he acknowledges server stability and game play has been an issue in recent years, largely because of large numbers of players (technically not a lie, because "large number of players" is a subjective evaluation) and an abundance of new features added with each expansion:

"With each expansion, we continue to add new features to the game, which leads to more data associated with characters. This results in our character stat and combat systems becoming more and more complicated due to all the various ways stats and abilities can now be modified (gear, familiars, mounts, item sets, achievements, etc.). Over time this causes reduced performance and everything taking longer to process. Finding solutions to performance issues is an ongoing process, and we spent a lot of time in the past few years reworking our scripts, updating the way zones are handled by our hardware, and updating the hardware itself."

It would seem therefore, they continue to search for hardware and scripting solutions capable of handling the piling on of new systems on top of old ones each year. It's a real challenge, but they won't give up on it.

https://www.mmorpg.com/interviews/e...mpressions-and-developer-interview-2000123897

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  2. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Priceless......

3. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Your editorializing was very entertaining!