1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

KA Summary Guide to catch up?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Regolas, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Regolas

Regolas New Member

Can anyone give me a summary guide of essential things I need to do to get heroic ready for KA?

I've been very busy since release and barely been able to play.

I've done about half the adventure sig line so far including Greenmist. Hoping to finish it soon.

It looks like I need to do the tradeskill one also to get cloak and recipe books?

Does the sig line gear get you enough resolve to start the heroics? Right now I'm under 200 in a group but still wearing mainly ToT/GU100 stuff.

Do I need to upgrade my adorns? Purples? Whites? War Runes?

What about consumables? Potions, poisons, etc?

What is essential for getting into the heroics vs just extra dps? I expect to do it all eventually but I'd like to be able to dabble in the early heroics while I finish TS timelines and kit myself out in the latest adorns etc over time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Itemization gap between Thalumbra and KA is not just a spanking. It is a full on paddling with a barbed wire wrapped 2x4. Get the Twark hand crafted off the broker that gives potency. All 26 classes go for potency now. Try to hit 9k potency. 15k after you are heroic geared.

Melee auto attack is meaningless now except for procs. Procs now are like DoV were. Very small but crit and are affected by everything.

• Like Like x 1
  3. EQTroll

EQTroll Guest

Soon all gear will have ine number canned stat

• Fishy Fishy x 1
  4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I can't argue the sentiment, but you signed up just to have the name EQTroll and typo 2 words in a 9 word sentence?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

resolve is a critical number. you get ~50 resolve from group buffs, so you need about 139 without YOUR buff prior to T1 heroics.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Regolas

Regolas New Member

Looks like I could have done some entry heroics earlier then. Thanks guys.

• Like Like x 1