1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

It Appears.....

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Fuli, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

.....i have had my posting privledges revoked in Shadyland.

No pm about it either.

I can still log in. I can still "like". But can't post.

And here I thought they might be starting to get it.

2. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I have given up on them getting it lol :(.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Are you sure it isn't part of the issues the forum has been having today? Just to be sure....

4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Could be. I'll check again tomorrow, but I have a little note saying I have insufficient privledges to reply to posts.

5. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Oh dear, that sounds pretty definite!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yup.

Not unexpected though.
    I

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  7. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

Ouch! I had trouble logging into the forums today, but no such message when I finally got in. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Are you missing any posts that you remember?

9. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

Welcome to the club. Mine has been that way for several days, as well, and I'd hardly say that I've been critical of anything they've said recently. No PM, no notification, etc. -- just all "rights" revoked. That's alright though, considered I merrily gave them brutally honest game reviews on a multitude of sites and haven't payed or played in over a year. I just pop in now and then to enjoy the raging dumpster fire.

10. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Every time I tried to log in, it sent me to station.sony.com to login.... It might not be you Fuli, but just another layer of incompetence over there. As of right now, I was able to finally get in, but only after about 10 attempts. I haven't tried posting anything though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I suspect the post that triggered the retaliation is the one in the AB thread where I admonished a developer post for being unprofessional.

It's still there, but I won't be surpised if it disappears.

In any case, I lasted longer than I thought I would.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I read your post and I didn't think it was disrespectful in any way.

Aside from that, they know their sales are down and that they have all but destroyed relations with their paying customers. That is why so many of them are on the forums lately.

Its all about the money. They can say that isn't why all they want, but we all know that is exactly why.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Many if the staff members seem to view customers as antagonists, and it's not just people like me, it's anyone who questions the quality of their work or their business practices.

It very much seems they feel the need to "win" encounters like this with their customers and the fan media. And rather than looking inward to see how they can improve both quality and business practices, they just blame customers for their failures, retaliate against them for calling it out, and keep doing what they've been doing.

I don't find it a stretch to believe that someone up the food chain wants credible information as to why they are losing customers and revenue, so posts aren't being immediately deleted like they used to.

I also suspect that it's not always Roxanne who is meddling with posts and posting privledges . It's someone or several who have a vested interest on manipulating what information shows up on the forums.

In the case of my post, that was just someone giving me the finger for blowing up some bullshit, andr doing it in a way that is a bit sneaky.

P.S. And yes, the reason they have returned the forums is because H1Z1 flop has not only thrown a monkey wrench into various plans by individual staff members, but I suspect there is a dawning realization that the company is failing, and some may not have jobs this time next year.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

If they have only just realized that their jobs are at risk then they are a little slow to join the dots.

I once did a stint in IT management and I can say that the introduction of change in a work place usually just changes who is working there. Those that disagree either move on or get moved on but they never change in there attitude. Just an observation on my behalf.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

On the upside, I'm eating a blueberry pop tart and watching The Fifth Element.

Neither gets old.

Ever.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well....I have posting privledges again!

Very strange.

I could very well have jumped the gun, over reacted, and sped off down the trail of reckless speculation when it was something related to the log in issues.

All very strange. Maybe I over reacted, maybe someone was messing with me.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and take this one on the chin.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Roxxxly 'liked' one of my posts. I win the interwebs!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Step up your game there, Sweet Cheeks!

If you can get Caith to like one of your posts, Tekka will buy you 100 loot boxes :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Not in EQ2. EQ2 has crappy loot boxes (in an already crappy system). I might consider it in Rift, ESO, or SWTOR, though. You get something other than garbage mercs and familiars in those.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I retired with these stats:
    Ratio: 1.924

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Lock It! Lock It! x 1