1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting that people are reporting potency over a certain amount increases dmg exponentially

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by CoLDMeTaL, Dec 13, 2017.

1. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

It's clear in PoM that there is some sort of 'potency avoidance' going on... regular gear, overland mobs melt... put on harvesting gear and go from 50k pot to 25k pot and it becomes 'am I even HITTING these things'...
    I'm just talking about trash.. not even named mobs. I'd expect to kill them slow, but not from 1-shot to 5+ min

3. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

4. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Is it related to combat mitigation at all (eg: do combat mitigation debuffs reduce the amount of potency needed to hit expected numbers)? That was my first thought because I remember Gninja saying in another thread that they were using combat mitigation to make sure higher-end geared players don't do drastically more DPS than "regular" players, so I can also imagine combat mitigation being used to reduce DPS on the lower bounds as well.

5. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

They appear to be separate mechanics completely. If you have a group debuffing combat mit on a mob significantly, and one person with less potency than the mitigated amount, they still do a very low amount.

6. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Found a recent picture of the EQ2 systems:

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

There is no combat mit on overland mobs or mobs in solo (and I think duo) zones.

8. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

These mobs do have Combat Mitigation. What they don't have is Resolve.

9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

derp... stupid mistake on my side.. thanks

10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

So....to combat rapidly accelerating stat bloat for potency, they introduced a mob mitigation mechanic to reduce realized damage?

11. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

But failed to mention it anywhere. PAR I guess.

12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The game needs another 152 combat mechanics.

It will be better then.

• Winner Winner x 4
  13. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Especially if they're undocumented!

Doesn't that sound amazing!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Coming next year -- Advanced Combat Mitigation and Premium Potency.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

I accidently agroed the Vahla Exiled Named while harvesting... took me 45 mins to kill her lol and she is the mob with the knock-up it was interesting to say the very least.

16. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

So... you got knocked up in Pop? *rolls laughing*

I'm sorry! I had to!!

(I'm not sorry.)

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

From the cash shop only :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

1. Potency bonus to potency

2. Potency mitigation to mitigate excess potency.

3. Fervor penalty to fervor overcap on boss fights. Only applies when there us a shaman in the group.

4. Harvesters to receive 0.000000123456789 multiplier on common harvests.

5. 3 new dumb fire pets per class. They provide a large buff to fervor and potency while up, however, your damage is reduced by 75% until they die or expire.

6. For tanks, unconested contested block stat. Its based on potency but bosses ignore it.

7. Swashbucklers apply a negative 20% group resolve penalty.

8. A new grandmaster ascension buff that adds 40% to resolve. Players will need to meet resolve checks in raids.

9. Swashies to get their mez improved.

10. A new stat called resolve enrichment. Achieved with a conversion formula from wdb exceeding 900

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Oh, almost forgot:

11. Druids provide a bonus to Dagger Storm.

12. Paludan Lay on Hands now provides a non critanle 5,000 base ward to the target for 20 seconds

It will however have an exponential decay that ticks every 1.125 seconds.

13. All damage x will now be converted to ln(x).

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  20. Fenin

Fenin New Member

Don't know what the actual resistances are, but between my last 2 pop raids I went from 63k to 69k pot. Same raid setup / buffs. No extra cb overcap or fervor.

My dps was consistently up 30-35% compared to each name from the first raid. Pretty huge jump for that small of a potency increase.

• Like Like x 1