1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting statement from Kander about F2P and expansions

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Shmogre, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I've gotten to do one or two of the dungeons a couple of times, I don't know if they were expert or heroic versions, because I have a good friend that does them with a 3 man group and they don't mind a scrub tag along. I stole all the shinies! (they already had them)

I've not done normal PQ's, but I did do the Tinkerfest one. Mechanical spider familiar? Yes please! I don't even care if it's good. I didn't get the eye piece and that was a bummer. (I get rare drops, but cooome ooooooon).

I liked the tradeskill quest series that frees your harvesting goblin (Dobby!) and grants you a magic plant and the ability to gain the goblin as a merc. Not so fond of what happened with the removal of all harvesting other than the single, sparse rare node.

I play the bits I enjoy and set aside what I don't, but I don't ignore just how bad some of it is. Like the tradeskill bit you have to do in Kunark, where the goblins are aggro and remain so for half the quests. Not good on low adventure level crafters. I resorted to logging on my second account to nuke the area from orbit so lowbies could run through it - not as bad as other stuff in the grand scheme of things, but still not well thought out.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Denmother proved it was doable without having to kill one single goblin or die one single time in that area. She did say it was tricky though.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Yep, it's doable but it sure is a pita. I know, I did it ... 6 times with low level adv. toons lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Right, I didn't say it wasn't doable. I said it wasn't good, or well thought out. It's alright to say you like some parts of a game, but not others.

Since I didn't want to wait for wagons to respawn, and the ones there were near goblins that DID NOT path out of aggro range, I brought in an alt to clear the area. Fortunately I only have 2 characters that aren't also level 100 adventure, which will probably be rectified when the next double xp event happens if I have time between RP events and deco.

Doable =/= fun or good. Your mileage may vary.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

I think the big slam to crafters is the Epic recipes only dropping if you've finished your Epic. That's unnecessary roughing in my book. Too much conditional drops in this expac. I mean why not save it up for when you need it? You expect people to grind for it later? Bah, more likely they will be annoyed. It's hard to predict what will be annoying though, I get that. I am not annoyed, for example that the fragments only drop later. But the recipes too? That does annoy me.

The funny games with familiars is another exhibit of poor planning. They can be sold for status, oops no they can't. They are tradeable, nope, heirloom, no wait... No-trade. I'm going to wait a few more months before I decide if I will buy any of them simply because of the backtracking. I'm not being mean when I say that, it's just, logical to hold off and see where the penny lands.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1