1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting news

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Shmogre, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

My guess is she was canned, I don't think she had any choice.
    Wont miss her at the helm, what was it she did anyway?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  2. Nawtey

Nawtey Member

The deletes are spreading. I had one vanish from Benito's "Kander has confirmed changes to Overseer" thread. I'd quoted his "The quote comes directly from Kander on Discord. Kander is a lead developer and is therefore a primary source."

and replied (paraphrasing): BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I didn't know you were a comedian, too!!

I just noticed it was gone - no warnings, nothing in my inbox. I'm figuring Kan-douche is behind it. Fragile ego, and all - guess he didn't get enough mommy time growing up.

Edit: Looks like Pixistik had one ganked, too - but not until after Benito quoted it. Guess Benny's wearing out his "OMG they was MEAN to me" button pressers....

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 8
  3. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

This. I've got a list of characters that I hope vanish into the mobile gaming abyss, never to return. Seeing their names pop up in any of the (few) studios I still like would be on par with finding a cancerous lump.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I noticed that too. Was going to come tell you about it but then started watching ZeroZeroZero and got distracted.

I've had a couple deleted as well. All i said was, "I can't see if Benny posted anything but the replies look like he's been busy running in circles."

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I think Benito has finally figured out that he can't refute my points and inquiries without losing his damn mind and getting sent on vacation.

Progress?

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Appreciation x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  6. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Maybe he's just leading you into a false sense of security so he can get close enough to drool on you.

• Funny x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Fishy x 1
  7. Zorvan

Zorvan Member

If you mention Benito three times in a row, Kander's hair grows another inch.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Almee, as much as didn't agree with many of her posts about turning eq2 into solo Hello Kitten online game, put a smile on my face. She basically told Benito off that he is telling/writing "Bu....it" no one needs and calling it "gossip".

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  9. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

That post was the most beautiful thing I've seen on that forum in months.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I've disagreed with Almee in the past, but unlike most of the Bubble Gnomes, and all of the twats, I think she means well and she's never been a jerkass. She also recently inquired privately, and politely to get information about GW2.

But yes, that post was beautifully done, all the more because it's TROOF.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Almee isn't a BG. She has no problems calling devs out. I know that she has a significant physical disability the provokes her to complain about things most others might find trivial, but my feeling is she's a pretty nice person.

Back to the topic at hand, Benny Boy has responded to her post by claiming he was only stating facts and nothing more, and pulled out one of his goto moves: projecting what he does on to everyone who calls him out.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  12. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Yep, I've never considered her a BG. For one, she can 'human' far too well. Plus her willingness to criticize when it's deserved. She's a good egg, and I hope she finds a new game she can call home.

Benny's assertion that he is 'unbiased in his proposition' and he doesn't want to 'start a petty dispute' made me mentally press X to doubt so hard it snapped the key off the keyboard.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  13. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

She's got 7 accounts I believe. I know she's mentioned several times she is bed ridden. She's tried several games lately - ESO, GW2, and a few more with no real attachment. I spent almost a year bed ridden when I broke my back, hip, thigh, knee, and ankle so I understand that need to keep the hours occupied. The constant issues with logging in, lag, crashing, etc drive me crazy every weekend so I'm sure with 7 accounts it's very frustrating.

Edit - I just logged into the forums and also have a warning for "trolling."

Also, that thread with the reply by Almee is gone. nevermind, i forgot Benny started that one. I just can't see it when I'm logged in. LOL

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Lols. He's now on the Longdale thread playing up her amazing resume.

Such a moron.

• Agree Agree x 9
  15. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

It's sad that I know who you're talking about. I'm tempted to remove him from ignore, but it would probably result in me getting banned. I feel my blood pressure rise when I view ignored posts.

I think a large number of posters have him on ignore now. I think it upsets his feeling. The more he's ignored, the more he seems to post. I sense desperation. I'm here for it.

Oh and Almee, love her. She takes no nonsense from anyone.

• Agree Agree x 8
  16. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

What difference does it make getting banned? The ship is sinking anyway... :p

• Like Like x 2
  17. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Last time I got banned I got IP blocked. I find no fun in that.

But thanks for your input.

• Shocked Shocked x 3
  18. Nawtey

Nawtey Member

Yeah, wonder how long my response to that will last:

[​IMG]

It's at the point I mentally faceroll on the keyboard whenever I see he's posted something, because I know it's more than likely koala dung.

Sheesh.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yeah. He seems to have a desperate need to draw attention to himself.

I normally feel kinda bad for people like that, but not the troll version.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The Pantheon rumors make me laugh. I mean, anything's possible, but that project is not sitting on a pile of money like AoC is. I just can't see Longdale jumping at the bit to take a job at an indie start-up.

A person like her? Gotta be well-funded and corporate.

Edit:
    Oh, and there's the other part: "Hey, I know. Let's replace Brad with the EP that methodically ran the eq franchise into the dirt!"

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 9