1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Inconsistent behavior for some queries

Discussion in 'Census: Planetside 2' started by cesarramsan, Jan 20, 2014.

1. cesarramsan

cesarramsan Guest

For example lets compare this two queries :
    http://census.daybreakgames.com/get/ps2:v2/ch...aracter,attacker&c:limit=100&type=DEATH,KILL&
    and
    http://census.daybreakgames.com/get/ps2:v2/characters_event/?
    character_id=5428016813489529345&c:resolve=character,attacker&c:limit=12&type=DEATH,KILL&

Pastebin for first(link) and second(link)

The only difference between these two queries is that one uses c:limit=12 while the other has c:limit=100. But if you compare just the first element you will see that they are different. The first element of the first query is complete while the first element of the second query has some elements missing. I have also noted that when I do c:limit=12, the query sometimes fail or times out. I also tried some other number and apparently from c:limit=15 and on-wards everything is fine. I am not sure if there is just momentarily but it is indeed incorrect behavior. I will report back if I find more.

2. airmetforums

airmetforums Guest

Sorry, I can't access pastebin from the SOE network. Executing the queries you provided doesn't display the behavior you describe. Are the missing elements you refer to chacter data? That might make sense in some scenarios. The event data that has the character ids is in one set of databases and the actual character details are in a different set of databases. If a brand spanking new character entered game and was killed before their character record was written to the database it would result in the resolve failing and no character elements. On the other hand I seem to remember that character records are written immediately upon creation, but I may be wrong.

If you can reproduce the problem please paste the results of the queries so I can take a look.