1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

In-game mail blast from the dev team

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Shmogre, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Folks are getting the following mail in their in-game mailboxes (mine showed up when I zoned into Obulus Frontier):

[​IMG]

(You can't delete it until you receive the "gift" that is attached, so it is basically forcing everyone to click through to the store web page.)

There is a thread started about it on the DBforums; going to be interesting to see what people have to say and if that thread stays open for long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I'm almost embarrassed. I thought as a subscriber we avoided this type of SPAM.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

And once again the MoD about this is in EVERY CHAT BOX YOU HAVE!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nommi

Nommi Member

Market for many companies is hit or miss....this one is a huge MISS! Seriously....these boots and potion fluff cost as much as an annual xpac...../smack my head I could see maybe 9.99 for this promotion but 29.99??...good grief!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Uyaem

Uyaem Member

Apparently /clear_mailbox gets rid off it according to official forums.
    Just make sure you don't delete anything important.

6. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't think the developers are responsible for that horrid mail. The direction probably came down from somewhere else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Conifur

Conifur Member

They put it in regardless of where it came from. The fact is, they would make more money if they listened to the customers, not alienating them. The Dev's are just as much to blame. No way it is some investment banker who is saying "put the summer ethereals only in Expert zones." or "let's change the way we have done things for the last 12 years and make people upgrade in order." or "I think the PG would be a great idea." or "make them grind out everything, make it painful." The implementation and the bugs with them have all been the Dev's fault. They are just as guilty as the investment bankers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Amen. In fact I'd go as far to say if the investment bankers finally figured out how much the current team has been sabotaging the game over the last year, dev heads would roll.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

As somebody who works in QA, the folks writing the code generally don't get to decide the general shape of the code.. they write the code to the specifications that come down to them..
    They can give feedback and suggestions, but they're stuck with implementing what they're told to implement.
    Players have a tendency to blame the devs for everything, because they're the people we have contact with.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

It doesn't help that the in-game mail came from "EQ II Development Team".

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Kander is very obviously in charge of what is being added to the game atm, sure he probably had nothing to do with this mail, however that being said he has everything to do with the huge fiasco that this year's ethereal event is.

Also let me state for the record that RadarX now having a "DEV" tag irks me to no end, all he is is a moderator, and not that good of one.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Where is Holly in all this? As the producer, I for one blame her for every bad decision they've made lately. It's time she moved on.

And what was our gift btw? That sort of **** would land you in trouble in Australia.

Free Gifts and Prizes
    It is also illegal under section 32 of the ACL for a retailer to advertise a free gift or prize with the intention of not actually supplying that gift to the consumer. Where the gift or prize is supplied, it must be the same gift or prize as that which is advertised. For example, where a retailer advertises a $50 cash prize but only intends to provide a $50 store voucher, the advertisement is likely to be illegal.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2