1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

I got banned for making this thread [Suggestion] The only way to make KA content viable for grinding

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Wurm, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Malleria

Malleria Member

K.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Malleria

Malleria Member

While you can get a lot more than 10k potency with Adv Solo gear, he did specify 10k, and you can get 10k from hand crafted, so in the current context yes, Adv Solo = hand crafted :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

They have 10k potency due to not having any tithe points at all. They are working on it, but it takes time. I'm sure they will have 20k by the time the next expac is out... if they still feel like playing that is.

4. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

If you think all the cock-blocking they added to the game recently is "a good job of tuning" then you are sadly misinformed to the meaning of a "good job".

This is my last post in this thread since arguing on the internet is like pissing into the wind.

1) All heroic content before fabled Zek was easier for sub-par (class choice) / under-manned groups of good players to do due to the lack of resolve. Resolve is the biggest game breaker added to the game since crit mit back in DoV and we all know how well that turned out.

2) KA not only turned the resolve up to 110% they also added combat mitigation to the mix and then gave all the mobs billions of hit-points.

3a.) I never said we were 3 manning ALL heroic content, which a bunch of you seem to be applying. I said we were able to 3 man a few of the easier heroic zones in every expac up to ToT. The gear-shard merchant system in ToV and AoM let us upgrade our gear by doing the easier zones to get shards to buy better gear so we could try the harder ones. We weren't always successful but we were having fun.

3b.)I also never said we were jumping directly into pre Fabled Zek T1 heroics without progressing through solo and advanced solos and doing the expac's signature quests. So much for the "hand-crafted" straw-man a few of you tried to use.

4) I'm truly happy that some of you are happy with the game as it is currently being run, I just don't think there are enough of you to keep the game running for very much longer. The majority of players are tired of the negative changes and have left. When the critical tipping point is finally reached, you can kiss Norrath goodbye.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  5. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Resolve is a lame excuse to use. Anybody throwing that number out for Heroics clearly just hasn't looked.

You can practically reach the target for T1 heroics, with out ever going into an Adv Solo zone once, and with 3 people missing from your group. throw in 6 Upgrades from Adv Solos to your Handcrafted gear, and you reach the 190 Target. Throw in PQ's, or Mastercrafted gear, and you can reach targets easy.

T1 Heroics - 190 Needed.

Offhand 20
    Greenmist 9
    Questline Ranged 9
    Questline Charm 9
    Questline Wrist 9
    Questline BP 7
    Questline Ear 7
    Questline Helm 7
    QL Boots 7
    QL Legs 7
    QL Gloves 7
    Handcrafted x10 50
    Gear Total 148

Group Buffs 30
    Total 178

People in this game lately are just far too happy to throw their toys out the pram and whine, rather than putting in any real effort or logic to their thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nero

Nero New Member

Mount gives resolve too no?

7. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

The newer ones do. Not sure about those prior to the ToT expansion.

8. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

You get an 8 resolve mount for doing the questline, so yep thats 186 resolve without even stepping into an adv solo zone.