1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

I got banned for making this thread [Suggestion] The only way to make KA content viable for grinding

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Wurm, Mar 4, 2017.

1. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

nope. They think it's working as intended.

2. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Interesting. Well I am waiting for the next patch to fix things up and I know lots of others are in the same boat. Once we all realize that is not going to happen I am not sure what people will decide to do.

The 3 man group I play in has already slowed down on trying to grind out the needed ascension each night and I have got disinterested with the 1.1 Million I need for the second ascension class. Giving me 5 extra scrolls per week did not help in that regards at all, just made it worse in my opinion.

3. ZUES

ZUES New Member

Seven day trial. Black Desert Online

PM me if you like it and want a code thingy for some extra free gameplay.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Dedith

Dedith New Member

lol, and people complained about P2W in EQ2.. hahah

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

[​IMG]

Wants to run 6 people content with 3 people. Complains too long.
    Wants to gain XP, but says ToT Missions are pointless as they give no rewards.
    Wants to run Heroics without proper gear progression. Complains too long.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Ya Errrorr we get it. You're white knighting for everything the EQ2 team does.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Coiled

Coiled New Member

Errrorr is only telling the truth. Even though some things DBG does are bad, complaining about not being to complete 6-person content with three people in a reasonable amount of time (which can actually be done with good gear) is simply unrealistic and making it seem like things are much worse than they really are.

8. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

I've done my share of Pollyanna-ing and cheerleading, but I honestly saw the "heroics can't be done by three people" comment as a desire for some 3-4 person instances, not a complaint that the current heroics couldn't be done with <6 person groups. I would have loved to have seen challenge duos and/or something between the advanced solos and heroics, rather than the expert zones that seem shoehorned into the progression.

As others have pointed out, the expert zones seem like a way to stretch out the content until they can get the tier 4 stuff balanced or people are geared enough to do them (and it feels like the expert zones were added to help fill that gap in the gear being granted). It would have been (or to be more hopeful: would be) awesome to have something able to be done by sub-6 toon groups. More flexibility and options are (almost) always a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Heh blow me. I guess you missed the fact that we have been 3 manning current content all the way upto ToT with no issue.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

The expert zones are nothing more as a gear reset, except (and I grudgingly admit they finally learned from a mistake) it was done in a way that doesn't piss off the majority of the players like the gear reset during ToT did.

11. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

They might get a golden duck mount that craps plat out of it, it's worth a shot.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. lillya

lillya New Member

I had an idea. Either adding a completion bonus to the missions in agnostics or add a bonus to the end name in agnostics like they did in kunark...

Or even better, put the bloody experience bonus back in, but turn it off for 100s. They already have code in place in the agnostics that if you are over 95, the only loot you get are skill books if you get any.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Malleria

Malleria Member

If thinking current heroics shouldn't be able to be trio'd by toons in handcrafted gear without it taking a long time is white-knighting, then armor me up.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Who said anything about hand crafted gear?

15. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Edit - Forget it, not worth it.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  16. Dedith

Dedith New Member

If a three person group is geared well enough to generate the needed dps to handle heroics quickly, then they likely do not need anything from these zones anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Malleria

Malleria Member

You specified you wanted to do heroic content with 3 characters in solo/adv solo gear with 10k potency. So basically hand crafted level.

18. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

TIL Adv Solo gear is handcrafted.

19. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Not what I said at all, but thanks for playing.

20. Occam

Occam New Member

The fact that you've been 3-manning content that was always meant for 6 people only means they did a bad job of tuning content up to now. Fixed! :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1