1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

I Finally Did It...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Anaogi, Nov 15, 2021.

?

Have you uninstalled yet?

1. Yep. It's bits in the digital wind now.

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No, but it's probably a matter of time.

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. No, because I still hold out hope.

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. No, I still play!

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Nearly three years after I stopped logging in to play (and seven months since last popping in to say hi to what guildies remained), I finally uninstalled. I guess I held out some hope, but even Denmum being brought in...well, I need the space for things I actually play.

More than a decade of my life in that game. I still miss it...no. I miss the world and the people I knew. The game? It's funny...I really don't. Time marches on, I guess.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Ive got it installed so I can login once every year and see if I need to update anything on EQ2U.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I quit about a month after buying KA - Gave away anything of value, gave a friend of mine trustee status on my houses. Logged in about 6 months later, said hi, gave folks my email and FB link. Logged out and into the trash it went.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I've been messing around with the new expansion on beta and honestly it's not bad. I'm actually having more fun with it than ToT or KA at any rate. That being said I don't think it's changing anyone's opinion about the game, it's still infested with pay to win and barely getting content. Also I still hate ascensions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

I still pop in from time to time and try to get back into it, I just cant.
    I miss the Battlegrounds, the original before they hired a dev to mess it up. I can say without any reservations that the BG's were the most fun I have ever had in an online game.
    I have toyed with the idea of uninstalling, but I have plenty of space and a lifetime sub...who knows what the future holds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

I log in once a month to get my 500 DBC. I bought a lifetime subscription and have the remote hope that someone will make an EQ3, the lifetime subscription will count for that game, and the DBC will have some value. Other than that? I'm enjoying DDO.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

The real end for me was when they lost Domino. I enjoyed all aspects of the game except raiding, but the longer I played the more I focused on 1) doing the questlines which got pretty much impossible to finish without a well geared group (I'm a solo/duo player), 2) Crafting, 3) Decorating. And #1 was really a means to an end to do 2 and 3 (if you finish all the questlines you get more things to craft and decorate with). After Domino left it really wasn't the same for me. I hadn't played in a long time and I had even tried logging in and ONLY decorating - I had some prestige houses from expansions I had never decorated. But it's not a fun game to ONLY decorate IMO. I need the questing and crafting to really make it feel fun. I got a new laptop a few years ago and never installed EQ2 on it, so that was the end for me. All my in game friends had already left long ago and my husband had also quit playing so I had nothing to go back for at that point.

It was a sad end of an era for me which I guess is why I still enjoy reading and posting here. I played EQ1 until EQ2 came out, then EQ2 and Landmark. I actually really enjoyed Landmark and was sad it failed. It wasn't perfect but even if they had left it in the last state it was in I'd probably still be playing it. It was fun enough. I've given up hope of them ever making a game I'd want to play. I don't like P2W and I don't like a raid-oriented game. Also, I've really almost stopped playing MMOs except occasionally LOTRO because I have a lifetime sub there. I mostly play deckbuilders and deckbuilder-rpg hybrids now. I like to pop in, play 30 mins to 1 hour, then log off. I guess the outlier game I play is Raft - it's more in the survival category but it has a fun storyline and the building is fun and you can put it on a mode where the survival aspects are minimal.

It's bizarre how quickly it all went downhill after the last SOE Live, which I attended. There was so much optimism and excitement then and it quickly took a turn after that.

• Agree Agree x 1