1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

How Does This Happen?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tekka, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

EQ2 needs a LFG if it wants to survive todays market.

What did it do to WoW? Oh ill tell you mr DBG developer, it attracted millions upon millions of players and made content accessable to everyone.

As feldon said, PUG groups has been incredible scarce for many many years and the development team fails to understand what is needed to make it accessable to people who dont want to spam LFG for hours.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Nope. Not incorrect. Like I said, don't remember where I saw it. But I saw it or heard it somewhere.

That post was after the merge. What a saw it heard was before that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Xakrein

Xakrein Member

Everyone I know asked that very question. I do not know a single person that thought PGs were a good idea. As for match making, I only went into PGs with guild groups. The idea was to get in, get out, and be done with the darn thing.

4. Xakrein

Xakrein Member

Prove it.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Don't need to. I'm not gonna argue with you about it. Just don't care.

Besides, Prove it with what? Go dig up a forum post, chat log, or live stream comment?

No thanks. I don't care whether you believe me or not, honestly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

In any case, givin things like observed behavior, do I think Holly would post something that leads people to believe they are working on something that they are in fact, not working on?

Especially 3 months before a new expac?

Absolutely I believe that she'd do that.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Xakrein

Xakrein Member

The mergers that created MD, HoF and SF were in Oct and Nov 2015.

Your position is that prior to the merge, Holly said something to the tune of "could not get cross server df to work, so they were going to do a server merge"?

Something could have happened from Sept 1st to October in 2015. However, due to the information I was able to find, and provided, I will require more than "cuz Fuli said so" to believe what you said.

8. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I think we've already established that your information has gaps. Nobody here has to prove anything to you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Xakrein

Xakrein Member

I have no doubt he would, if he could. But he has nothing. At least I brought some information to the table.

10. Feldon

How do you fit through doorways with a head that inflated?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Xakrein

Xakrein Member

Are you asking for a friend, or yourself?

12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just don't remember where I saw or heard it, or exactly when.

Believe it or don't. Seems dumb to argue over it. Regardless, I'm inclined, based on what I've observed, to give Feldon's information the most credibility. And in that case, whether I'm right or wrong really makes no difference.

Is it possible I'm wrong? Sure it is. Do I believe I am, no. Does whether I'm right or wrong really matter? No.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  13. Feldon

I'm already happily married, thanks.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I agree a lot of what you've said over the course of the exchange, and in this post in particular in regards to the team needing someone to tell them NO. (It would also help if they would pick a direction and stick to it.)

I wanted to address this snipped bit.

I'm not so optimistic about EQ2. I think the current management (and I don't mean DBG) will shut EQ2 down before they put it in maintenance mode - for several reasons. EQ might fare better.

We've been seeing a lot of the pre-shut down of EQN and Landmark behavior in regard to EQ2, over the past year especially. I think this expansion is a critical point, and when the exodus happens, it'll decide how things proceed from there.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  15. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

I was referring to mob health pools since player DPS has gotten ridiculous, but technically they're one and the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

This is the bit that resonates with me. I've been saying for a while now that while there was credence to putting some of the past woes and odd direction choices at the feet of prior bigwigs, it's beyond that now. It's tough to blame people who are years gone for some of the current decisions being made.

The game is missing a coherent voice, someone to wrangle the different ideas and creative input and try to mash them together into a more consistent offering. I don't know that it's something that can be fixed this late in the life of the game, so this might be what we get (for as long as it lasts).

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

When I used to work in software and database we used to say, you are what you do not what you say :).

Now the EQ2 teams have produced some good and bad expansion and provided me with some fun however the current state of the game is there doing.

Oh and Xakrein do you happen to work for DB ?

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  18. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Is the game for them, to see how unenjoyable they can make it for us?
    If it is, they win.

19. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

BTW I forgot to do this right off the bat, thanks to Tekka to bringing this here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

That gave me an early day smile, thank you Wurm.

As much as I might debate (ok, argue) a point, I really appreciate opposing views, and those who can express them clearly - and a place to have vigorous disagreements without a giant delete button or ban hammer hanging over our head.

I've long held that while my mind, or that of the person I disagree with, might not be changed (and nor should it be in some cases) interesting information almost always comes up, as well as very interesting side conversations.

~Game on!~

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2