1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

How do you get more than 160k potency?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Alarra, May 17, 2020.

1. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Hey guys,
    This is my Character here:
    https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/450972114911

Anyone know how to increase the potency by a bit?

I currently have HP bardings, but could change them out to potency barding and get maybe around 5k or so, but I have seen some people with 180k-190k potency that have the same amount of resolve as I do.

What am I missing?

Familiar = Level 6 Premium Familiar (I don't know how to increase this by much)
    Mount = Max Level Premium Heroic Mount (levelled without cash injection) with all barding slots unlocked.
    All equipment plat infused with mostly maxxed crafting plat infusers (still got a couple of slots to go)
    Weapons Main = Level 5, Ranged Level 2

2. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I'm not at 160k but I am at 154k and I haven't fully infused my gear other than the deity layer. All Potency bardings, celestial familiar at lvl 8 (The easiest way to do this is via overseer drops for familiar exp but I also converted a celestial familiar drop), food/drink, pet from preorder, Skygge fully leveled. This is all from solo gear. I do have the 190 resolve weapon, at lvl 7 and have enough to get it to 10 I'm just lazy. I also haven't upgraded to all 170 gear from Diaku even though I can. Again, lazy. I'd think I'd hit 160k if I weren't so damn lazy but I've kinda quit.

I have all the runes except Witness.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

As you mentioned, if you are using HP Bardings instead of potency bardings you are losing out on 5k potency minimum. Also you are not capped with infusing at the physical layer, if you do that you will add an estimated 2k more potency. If you have lots of fragments of planar energy laying around you could craft the empyral infusers that use those, and pick up even more potency. There is also the bonus infuser layer, maxing that would add another 3-4 potency. Capping your weapons to planar level 10 will add another 2k potency beyond that. That would put you around 175k but I'm not sure offhand how you pick up the last 5k.

Of course none of that is actual gameplay and most of it requires that you spend money and it's all ridiculous, not that I am judging because I did plenty of this over the past 3 expansions, but that is how you would boost your character from here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I don't have Glory yet, but am working on it.
    Running all solo zones most nights and not getting it hehe.

I have the most rotten luck with Overseers, I seem to only get the fragments, non-convertible agents, useless tailor/weaponsmith recipes, and potions out my ears.

5. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Run the season 1 missions too. That's where I've been getting most of mine. What server are you on? If you're on HoF I can hold a Glory charge for you if I get another before you get it, free of course. I also think that with the addition of Diaku Corral and the lvl 120 gear from there that the temp potency adorns are a good idea. Especially if you can make them yourself. Once again, if you're HoF I'll make you a gaggle if you want them.

6. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Yes, I am on HoF. My playtimes are a little different than most people as I am +9 GMT (Japan), but I'm sure if it is a weekend I can be up on in the American evening.

Thanks in Advance.

7. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

What infusers boost the bonus layer? The crate infusers?

8. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

In game name same as forum name? I'm either on Niayl or Omalley. I'll pick up a stack of the season 1 missions in the morning and start running those in hopes of a Glory charge.

9. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

The name is the same.

10. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Well I levelled the primary weapon up to 6 and have seen a reasonable increase, but I think the main point is the bonus infusing. That is the crate infusers and overseer infusers right? or only the crate infusers?

11. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I actually got lucky this week and got 2 red rune recipes but no dice on Glory. How about you Zynt?

12. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I got 3 sets of Championship, 1 Chorus of Night, like all the Love, Passion, and Excitement I can handle, and everything else except Glory. Lol. Oh, no Witness either. That's the only one I don't have other than Destruction.

13. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I'm not surprised. There hasn't been much Glory in EQ2 for a few years now...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Any luck? I got 2 more Champ books. I now have like 5 charges of that rune. Where were these when they were going for 20m+ a pop?? And everything else imaginable except Witness and Glory.

15. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I got symphony of the void.... no glory so far

16. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Got it! I usually see you on when I log on in the mornings to send out Overseers. Like 8-8.5 hours from now. I'll send you a tell. I have everything but the Empyral manas.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Thanks a lot Zynt!

18. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

You're very welcome, Alarra!

19. Arclite

Arclite New Member

On my guardian I have 175k potency and that comes with all 4 red runes + relevant sets + level 7 premium faimiliar + premimum mount with all potency bardings except 2 for hp and max infused each piece of gear. The only way from here to get to 180k and beyond i would imagine is to have the crate mount with all potency bardings with higher potency values (like empyral ones) and being lucky on infusions and maxing out the familiar. Can't think of any other way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1