1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

How do we get more personal status?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Alarra, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I am trying to save up for the 75 million status ring.
    Currently at 45 million status from just playing during the expac and a few writs.

I have looked at the following options:
    1. Doing writs
    I can do 3 Phantom Sea writs at a total of 90k status for them all in 5 minutes
    I can do 1 Level 100 Crafting writ in 3 minutes. for 30k status.
    By this estimate I would need to do 1500 writs or around 42 hours of adventure writs to accomplish this.
    I guess I could do 2 hour sessions each day for a month and I would do it.

2. I could buy a mercenary crate, but I do not intend on spending any more real life money eq2. Also not for the amount of status I would need.
    These can also be bought off the broker for around 100k pp, not an amount I readily have on me. I think they give around 1 to 5 million status each. Not entirely sure.

3. Killing old raid mobs. like PR and VP, would give around 20k each, but you have to run around and wait on scripts.

4. Crafting /purchasing war runes or adorns and selling them for status.
    You generally need the currency of that expac to make some headway on this. I did the Vessper Isles and the Alter of Malice and got around 1 million status for 40 war runes.

5. Selling shinies
    At around 1000 status each for current ones, you would be better to sell them on the broker than vendering them for status.

6. Newsies
    I already did it. It is a one off quest from what I understand and I am not on the time that the guides generally are on.

7. Missions
    Around 7k status for solos. 30k for heroics. 60k for weeklies. You won't make a major dent in vs the time factor. Although it is more fun than writs.

8. PQ's
    Around 20k to 40k each time.

I am open to more suggestions.

2. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

Guide's Guide to Thalumbra also gives a nice chunk of status, especially if you do it when there's double status. It's picked up from a guide next to the portal in Kelethin.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Thanks. It seems to give 5 million status.
    It also means I have to be on when the guides are on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Someone also said that PQ's give 10,000 status per kill. I did Kylong Plains and O. Frontier PQ's but only got the final quest status. Is there some PQ that does give status per kill?

5. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Mentor to 75. Pickup 9 Kunark writs on KP docks. Take bell to JW docks. Do 9 writs in ~10-15 minutes. Zone into KP. Evac. 135k status every 10-15 minutes.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I will try it out and after a few times, time myself.
    If I can average a higher rate than the Phantom Seas ones which would give 270k for 15 mins or so dependent of respawns (which are usually pretty fast). I will go this route.
    As a coercer I only get the totem escape, so I would probably have to do the Housing -> Portal House -> Guild Hall thing I currently do when my call is down for the Phantom Seas missions.

Currently up to 54 Million status due to a nice long Weekend blitz while watching DVD's.

Crafting and writ grinding must be accompanied by watching DVD's or I would lose my mind hehe. Was how I did level 80 crafting on the RTT server and that was brutal.

7. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

At the very least it would give what we call in Japan, a kibun tenkai. Change of pace I guess you would call it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Charryna

Charryna New Member

Just as a note, since I saw you mentioned VP and scripts, one ascension nuke (Levinbolt in particular, although I'm sure all of them would work) one shots any and all fights in VP. Even Silverwing and Trakanon. I'm farming it for app armor and status myself. :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  9. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

VP is not so much the scripts, but the running around.
    PR you have to wait for them to natter on to proceed the zone.
    I used to run with 4 accounts on autofollow through those zones to help level up a friends guild.

Mistmore Inner Sanctum has some nice appearance armour. It also gives status. But then there is the travel time to the place itself vs what you can do with a guild flag and writs.

10. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

So as luck would have it, the RNG did something strange to me the other day.
    When running a heroic zone I got the Mythic relic breastplate. With my mythic relic pants that hits the 2 relic item ceiling. So I guess I will be ending my plight to get the ring. :confused:

Next up the PQ Bracelet I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Grats on the BP, so which PQ bracelet? I don't remember ever seeing a bracelet.

12. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

It seems that I was mistaken, it was a ring. So I have no use for the currency now other than for alts. Wish you could buy the planar fragments with the PQ currency.

13. wiouxev

wiouxev New Member

There's an "expensive" way to get a lot of status very quickly, which is how I get status on all my toons.

Buy merc crates on broker or with DBC
    use a 50% status potion
    sell tons of mercs back to guild merchant

accrue hundreds of millions of status.

14. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Yes, it is valid, but also mentioned in "2" of my OP.

15. Democyde

Democyde New Member

That's how I level up my guild.