1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

House item size

Discussion in 'Census: EverQuest II' started by Lera, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Lera

Lera Guest

Does this data exist anywhere (I know it's not in Census) and is it something that could get added? The size an item scales up or down to would also be very useful.

2. Quicktiger

Quicktiger Guest

My guess -- and this is only a guess -- is that most of that is in some files on disk, because ultimately the size is a rendering issue.

3. Alphonsus

Alphonsus Guest

It's definitely a fixed number, whether they choose to add it to the data to be exported would need to be requested.
    With Landmark and EQNext taking up most of the resources, it would be put on a wish list.

When you use the layout editor and change the size to anything, it will always shrink back down to the max, and each item has a different max. Wish we could make things bigger especially in "break-out" instances where many items seem small. Then again I'm sure SOE are not fans of break-outs anyway.

4. Feldon

Feldon Guest

When house item flags were added, (placement: floor, wall, ceiling) and house type (house, guild hall, dungeon, and all combinations thereof), they were possible to add from the item.

I'm not sure where the dimensions as well as minimum/maximum size are stored on items. It may be on the art asset, rather than a vdl (SOE's xml format) file.

I am really hoping we can get a resource back on this to get stuff knocked out like Quests, as well as bugs fixed like Achievements being localized on EU players.