1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday Live Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Dellmon, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

Currently in game the Bristlebane Live Event is underway. During this two week or so long event there is one-day only content that is only available to players on April 1st. Some of this content is relatively easy to complete in about an hour worth of time. Other portions can take years to complete as there is only a 24h window in which it cane be worked on.

I am interested to know what Players think of this - - for Live Event content (a traditionally easy entry point for play) is the Patchwork Slaying achievement a good or bad thing? Are quests and activities that are only available for one day out of the year good for the game and its players?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Considering you have to log on everyday or read FB (since they don't often really talk about stuff like that on the OF), some casual people (including those who pay to play) will miss out. If, perhaps, they sent an email advertisement to all subscribers telling them of the upcoming event and its limited time, perhaps that might help. But honestly, many will miss out. That is my 2 copper coins worth.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. omuteef

omuteef Member

Having played alot of MMOs Live events are fun they they can let players take a break from the ever grinding that happens. However having a part of the event only on 1 day doesnt make sense to me. It will limit the amount of players able to do it causing hurt feelings.
    I remember in the past when this event was going on the only thing that happened on April 1 was that devs where in game changing peoples appearance into something funnny and silly.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I love the live events, especially the ones that last a week or two :)

I would like them more if there was more updating of the content, new things to do and new fun items to craft/find/loot. After awhile, they become no different than any of the other old content - "meh".

The cash grab during Frostfell really disappointed me. I would prefer that these fun little events give folks a break from market place pressure, and just let folks run around, have a good time, and collect goodies.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

At risk of seeming like a Grinch, I think we have too many festivals etc. It seems one rolls around every 2-3 weeks, always coinciding with yet another mail with an attachment to deal with (ditch the attachment, delete the mail). The only one I do anything in is NoTD for the wispy vampiric mirror recipe, and then that's only if I am inclined. I haven't been for some time now.

It's disappointing to read that DBG are even monetising something that should be a fun, limited time event. But not really surprising.

6. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I don't have a problem with the idea of one day only content, although they should notify better so people are aware. What I don't like is having new limited time content being gated behind older limited time content. I think there are now 3 sphinx quests and if you want a new reward from number 3 you have to do 1 and 2 first. Every year, over and over ... And that particular set is fairly time consuming as you have to run all over Norrath picking things up.

I rarely do Frostfell content any more either as you have to do that first quest ad nauseum to unfreeze all the other quest givers. It doesn't even make much sense lorewise either since the year they updated the zone. Stuff like that really needs to be a one time character unlock flag.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

I ran the sphinx quests on several toons this year and thought they were done very quickly. Of course, Fast Travel made a pretty big difference in travel time.

8. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Live events that are a 1 time thing - Great.
    Live events that are a 1 time thing that grant items players will want/need at a later date - Horrible.

If I miss an event because I'm ill/working on a day, then ok so what. I'll watch it on youtube or something. If I'm then hindered or unable to get an item ever again because of it, I feel left out.

Fortnite recently did a special event, which happened for millions of players at once. Those who missed it could either way replays, or it was done again around 12 hours later.

Alongside this, they did an event lasting 7 days in which players could earn items relating to the event.

Fortnite gets a lot of stick, but imo the way they did this event was pretty good.

9. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Fast travel certainly helps for those that have it. Still doesn't get me through 28 toons in one evening :D

• Shocked Shocked x 1
  10. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

I kind of forgot about April 1st even though I knew about it. Got side-tracked with other things. Guess I can get on and work towards the 500 Patchcraft creature count.

11. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

I didn't even try to get through all mine! I've noticed my limit is four, more or less, when trying to run them through the same content (I have over 100 now.)

12. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Holiday events were one of the things I enjoyed most about EQ2, second to the housing. Since they came around about the same time every year, plus were marked on the in game calendar, they were easy to keep up with (as well as the monthly events).

I don't have a problem with a limited time (one day, or one weekend) events so long as the rewards are limited to vanity items that have no significant impact on game play.

What I do find a little annoying, as Tkia mentioned is having to do every quest in the chain every single year. I think a solution for that would be to have each quest unlock the next, with the option to repeat it in successive years to get the reward if you want it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

!!!!!!! Addict! :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1