1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Higher Resolution 4k

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Jetiko, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Jetiko

Jetiko New Member

Hello, it is already possible to write the script of the questbook display greetings to whom I have the graphics on 4 k set is the writing almost nciht more to read, because of npc etc is, or is there a possibility to adjust, who yes please How do I do that, and who nice whom db times to do what

2. wiouxev

wiouxev New Member

I don't believe there's a good scaling feature in EQ2 currently. There are some ways to improve (you can increase your hotbar and bag sizes manually, and chat text size) but nothing as far as I know as a overall scaling feature to the UI. I really wish their was. The game looks pretty damn good @ 4k and many of us use 4K screens.

3. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

It works fine with 2K, I don't own a 4K monitor but if you can set yours to 2K it will be fine and very easy to read.

4. Albion

Albion New Member

I play EQ2 on a 4k monitor, but I have a 40" screen, just for that reason (text being readable without the need for scaling)

5. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

Windows is built around 96 DPI at 100% scale.
    So if you want to use 1.00x scale the ideal size is 46" and you get the full 3840x2160 work space.
    37" at 1.25x for a 3072x1728 work space.
    30.5" at 1.50x for a 2560x1440 work space.
    23" at 2.00x for a 1920x1080 work space.

The problem is that anything other than full integer scales will blur legacy apps.
    At integer scales you get unfiltered nearest neighbor scaling for legacy apps. They're still low resolution, but they aren't blurred.

If you choose to stick with 1x scaling on displays which are smaller than 46" then everything will start to get very small on-screen.

If you use 2x scaling with displays larger than 23" then everything will start to get very large on-screen.

Shamelessly ripped from a post by zone74

Understanding 4K monitor and OS scaling. Best size to have sharp image.

• Agree Agree x 1