1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

HELP US with Blood of Luclin Quest Data

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Feldon, May 22, 2020.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

For...reasons (shakes fist at Epic Weapon 2.0), we no longer receive new expansion quest data for EQ2. As a result, we are forced to hand-enter any new quests since Kunark Ascending. To accelerate this process, I wrote a crawler script which scans thousands of EQ2 characters' quest journals and populates the steps and descriptions of each quest. What's missing is the Quest Name, Category, Level, and Difficulty (solo, heroic, epic). As soon as we have these, we can push the quests to EQ2U.

For Chaos Descending, a single player -- Pijotre -- looked up and filled in the details for all of the quests for the expansion, allowing us to add them to EQ2U. I am extremely grateful for his efforts. However he is taking a break from the game, and here we are in May and Blood of Luclin quests still aren't on EQ2U.

How Can You Help?

If you are playing through (or have completed) quests in Blood of Luclin, or you are very handy at searching EQ2 Wikia, please go to my publicly editable Google Doc "EQ2 QuestCrawl Blood of Luclin 2019" and start filling in quest details!

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Feldon

Q: There has to be a more automated easier way.

A: I could spend several days writing a system for you to click on a quest, submit the details, and then I would have to go through and review all the submissions and then make a decision on whether to approve it. That's time I could just spend reading the notes people add to Google Docs and very quickly update the quests in the DB.

Q: Why can't we just edit quests directly in the database.

A: I trust you. But unfortunately vandalism is a thing. People may also make genuine mistakes. A lot of quests look very similar and sometimes it comes down to a single word difference between two. If you have ANY doubt, please don't enter in data. We are focused on 100% matches.

Q: This is too hard!

A: It's certainly not easy. And yet one player did ALL of it for 2019. I'm only asking each of you to do SOME of it.

Q: Do you really expect anyone to do this?

A: I honestly don't know. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Welp, you've given @Mermut something to do while waiting on overseers.

Well played, Sir!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. Feldon

Good progress so far. 32/106

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

There is an issue you should be aware of Feldon. For missions, the Initial Stage text doesn't match the Quest Journal text.

For instance,
    Quest: 3979570438

The stage text says:
    I must complete my mission in Fabled Runnyeye: The Gathering [Heroic].

The Journal looks like the following:

upload_2020-5-30_14-12-34.png

6. Feldon

"Across Norrath they come by the thousands, gathering within the citadel known as Runnyeye. Eh, more meat for the grinder." is the quest starter_text*.

"I must complete my mission in Fabled Runnyeye: The Gathering [Heroic]." is Quest Stage #1. Quests with only one stage do not display this text. Only devs see this.

I suppose I could add a place for you guys to write the starter_text, but that seems like a lot of extra work.

7. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I don't think adding the text in manually would be a thing I would want to do. Just a note saying that only the devs see said text if the quest has only one stage should be sufficient, unless someone else wants to pick up each quest and write in the starter text.

8. Feldon

I appreciate that. I've confirmed that on the live site, quests with only a single stage do NOT show the stage description. This is an issue that only affects the QuestCrawl page.

I've now fixed the Quest Crawl page to grey out the stage in single-stage quests. I do think sometimes this text is displayed -- perhaps the first time you pickup the quest in a flash across the screen?

Last edited: May 31, 2020 at 8:30 AM
  9. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Quite a few of these are timeline quests and will require either linking the stuff written in the wiki or re-doing the timeline.