1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Heads up - Ascension XP bug, might need to talk to your trainer ASAP

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Shmogre, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

If you are level 10 Ascension, check your XP. If it says xx/139,200,000 and that first number isn't 97,200,000 or higher, you need to talk to your ascension trainer ASAP.

There is a bug where ascXP starts counting from zero instead of the prior 97.2m from level 10. Talking to your trainer resets it, but it resets it to exactly 97.2m...any ascXP you'd already earned is lost (as the sad ogre who just lost 9.5m ascXP knows).

Until they fix the bug, you'll want to talk to your trainer right away so you can keep as much of your XP as possible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

I noticed that but I used the level 11 bauble on the ascension class I had active so it wasn't wasted. Not sure I really want to level the other ones to 11.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

I figure I might as well have the XP I get between now and the new expansion count for something, so I used the bauble for one class and switched to another so it can get started. Once that hits 11, I'll switch to another.

(Gods, I'm dreading the ascension grind again...it was lovely not having to worry about scrolls and daily XP and all that.)

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Kokorobosoi

Kokorobosoi New Member

Thank you for the warning!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Very welcome! Hopefully no one else gets caught by it... :oops:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

OMG, if I use my level 11 ascension thingie will that finish my last ascension for me? Please tell me it will.
    I'm on the final level of the final ascension. Should I use the bauble?

Please tell me oh wise Shmogre, and I'll send you cookies!

(it's not really the ascension I'd want to level to 11, but if it will end the endless grind and scroll gathering, I don't care. Geo)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

So you mean we can start the grind for level 11 for the other classes now?

8. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

I wouldn't waste it to be honest, and use it for the class you plan on being in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

You're right and I just read it properly ... you need to be level 10 in the ascension to use it. Oh well, only another 13 million or so xp lol ...

10. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

I saw in Discord where the trainers won't let you level it to 11 though. So, might want to confirm if you can actually get the others to 11.

11. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

I'm in no rush to start that grind again anytime soon.

12. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Doh, I was too late...no cookies for the Shmogre ogre. (See the sad profile pic to the left to see how a cookie-missing ogre feels.)

Yeah, as folks have said, the bauble is specifically to go from 10 to 11. The trainers won't let you go beyond 11 right now, but at the very least you can have your XP going someplace useful between now and the expansion. You'll need that level anyway, might as well start applying XP now.

(Though it's super weird to be using the other classes I leveled and then ignored, lol.)

• Like Like x 1