1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Has eq2flames official shutdown?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Sweatypie, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Not much activity on the forum any more, but there were some great threads that people playing on the TLE server could use and did use.

The last week or so there has been a database error when trying to access the site, and I was just wondering if anyone know what happen to it.

2. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Most likely, it's down, and owner doesn't know it because he never looks at it anymore.

3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Someone screwed up on a password change. Interestingly, EQ2Flames is hosted on server.masmedianet.com. Mas Media is the company that bought EQ2Flames.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Pink Poodle

Pink Poodle New Member

It went up and now it is back down again. Most forums people in general moved onto Discord for game discussion anyway, the forums concept is dated.

5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Forums and discord perform two completely different purposes.
    Discord, for instance, is completely useless as place to store information for people to retrieve at later dates.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Pink Poodle

Pink Poodle New Member

True, but people tend to flock to Discord servers anyway. Or just Reddit.

7. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Can't go to Discord for EQ2, banned. And Discord is NOT a forum, it's IRC dumbed down.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Discord is the feature set of IRC in like version 0.1 alpha, released in like 1993.

9. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

Oh Feldon, there you go again over-exaggerating... Discord is far closer to Microsoft Comic Chat (which yes, I did use at one time) and that much closer to today at a 1996 release!

For those who don't remember the golden age of the Internet...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Comic_Chat

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Pink Poodle

Pink Poodle New Member

Well yeah, it's not a forum, it's a chat room with voice chat that surged in popularity due to the shittiness of Skype. But a lot of gaming stuff has moved itself to Discord servers. For example Vinesauce removed forums and went to a Discord server.

I'd also be glad to make an unofficial EQ2 Discord with banning only in extreme circumstances (ex. illegal stuff)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Have you considered creating an official eq2wire discord channel and advertising on eq2u instead of using IRC with 5-10 active members?

12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Eq2 Discord...

Where you are free to say or ask anything you want about the game as long as it's praise.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gixx

Gixx Masterbotter

Discord isn’t viable the devs just like it to be ban happy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Pink Poodle

Pink Poodle New Member

Hell I could make one. I know the ins and the outs.